Monday, April 6, 2015

Review: Michael Todd (True Organics) Charcoal Detoxifying Facial Mask ♪♪♪♪

Around October of last year, I received a product for review from Michael Todd (True Organics) which turned out to be a beauty brand popular among Hollywood circles and powerful glossies worldwide.

I've been using Michael Todd's Charcoal Detoxifying Facial Mask since then and I believe that 6 months is more than enough time to collate and analyze my findings and lay them out in a review.

Packaging:

The facial mask comes in a 100 ml (3.4 fl oz.) bottle bearing warm lavender tones. The product claims that mineral rich Charcoal is able to exfoliate and draw out impurities and toxins and clear the skin of excess oil, dirt and other pollutants.

Product packaging shows that Michael Todd Charcoal Detoxifying Mask is:

"...formulated with Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin C for increased penetration and moisturizing. Mild action  and the presence of natural soothing agents reduce irritation and inflammation associated with sensitive skin. Exfoliates to remove dead skin, impurities and toxins, moisturizes and firms, improves elasticity and pliability of the skin, unclogs pores allowing skin to breathe and facilitates movement of skin oils. Turn lackluster looking skin into healthier younger looking skin."

Michael Todd True Organics Charcoal Detoxifying Facial Mask

High-Points:

  • I may have found the mask's smokey, ash-like scent overpowering at first; but, on second try, I've begun to fully embrace it. 

  • I loved the mask's silky feel and how it was fully absorbed by my skin. In fact, I consider Michael Todd's version two notches higher than the other leave-on masks I've tried before-- in terms of texture, absorption level and over-all effect. 

  • When I first applied the facial mask, I was rather expecting it to leave an uncomfortable sticky feeling. My fear proved to be groundless when I felt like I just had a simple facial moisturizer on - and nothing else.

  • The built-in pump dispenser surely made every use, fairly fast and simple.

  • Compared to Korean Mask Sheets that somehow left a plumper-looking skin, Michael Todd's Charcoal Mask made my skin feeling and looking remarkably fresh, clean and hydrated.

  •  Even if I put the mask on for an hour, an hour and a half - even if the  recommended time is only 15 minutes - I've NEVER experienced any form  of skin irritation. 

Low-Point: 

  • I couldn't think of anything that I don't particularly like about the mask EXCEPT perhaps about the shipping time. In my case, I was able to acquire the product from the nearest postal office in our area, sometime between 2 and 3 weeks from the time it was dispatched from the US to the Philippines. 
Michael Todd True Organics Charcoal Detoxifying Facial Mask

My Verdict:

♪♪♪♪ Great! Highly recommended. 

How to Use:
  1. After cleansing, apply an even layer over face and neck. Avoid eye area.
  2. Leave on for 10 to 15 minutes and rinse.
  3. Follow with toner and moisturizer.
* May be used 2 to 3 times a week.

 Michael Todd True Organics
Charcoal Detoxifying Facial Mask

What's more:

Michael Todd currently offers 20% slashed off prices from their product lines to my blog readers, anywhere in the world. Do visit this link to avail of the discount.

Michael Todd True Organics
Charcoal Detoxifying Facial Mask 
($34 USD or around Php 1,500)


Michael Todd
Website
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Pinterest


Heart


  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

No comments:

Post a Comment