Monday, December 8, 2014

A Song In The Night: Casting Crowns' Who AM I

It has been several years since Casting Crowns created the popular song Who AM I; but, these past couple of monthsevery time I listen to it, it's as if I'm hearing it for the very first time.

A song in the night.

Yes, that's what it has become alongside some of the Christian tunes listed in my playlist.

Some of  my fave songs on spotify.com

One particular passage has never failed to grab my heart:

Who AM I by Casting Crowns

In a simple yet profound way, images of Jesus calming a furious storm as chronicled in Matthew 8:23-27 and Mark 4:35-41, ran through my mind. 

And while listening to the song, I can't help but be amazed that the all-powerful God of the universe doesn't only care about life's big storms; but is also very much interested in calming the storm inside me.

Mark Hall of Casting Crowns tells of a similar experience which led him to compose the song Who AM I.


When you think about it, no one can really be spared from life's many storms- be it relational, financial or in its very sense, a physical type of calamity or tragedy.

But as the song goes:

 "Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
'Cause I am Yours."


Lyrics of Casting Crowns' Who AM I



"God is a safe place to hide,
ready to help when we need him.
We stand fearless at the cliff-edge of doom,
courageous in seastorm and earthquake,
Before the rush and roar of oceans,
the tremors that shift mountains."
                 (Psalm 46:1-3 The Message Version)


Casting Crowns
Website



Heart









  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

No comments:

Post a Comment