Monday, August 25, 2014

Why I'm In Love with Nature Republic 92% Aloe Vera Soothing Gel & Cleansing Gel Foam! ♪♪♪♪

Although I found Tony Moly Floria Nutra-Energy Essence an above-average skin care product, I decided to shift to a more affordable alternative after using it all up.


It was then that I remembered being introduced to a relatively inexpensive aloe vera product from Nature Republic almost 32 weeks ago. It was hard to miss for my niece Kristina was raving about it and I couldn't quite put it down until I shared it on Instagram.


During a visit to Nature Republic a couple of months ago, I discovered that a number of their clients have also embraced NR's 92% Aloe Vera Soothing Gel as well as its other siblings from the Aloe Vera line.

Nature Republic Haul

It was rather timely not only to see the rave-worthy moisturizer but also its closest kin- a cleansing gel foam which claims to double as a make-up remover as well. I had my doubts of course, but I decided to put both the Aloe Vera cleanser and soothing gel for a test drive. After using both products for two months, here are some of my ruminations and eventual ratings.

 Nature Republic's 92% Aloe Vera Soothing Gel & Cleansing Gel Foam

Nature Republic 92% Aloe Vera Soothing Gel

I've been quite acquainted with aloe vera or sabila in the vernacular, during my growing up years in the late seventies. Tasked with putting aloe sap on my dad's scalp to spur hair re-growth, my routine included cutting enough thorny stems to satisfy our thrice a week ritual.

If you've also found a certain affinity with the aloe plant and its derivatives, then you'll find Nature Republic's cosmetic counterpart has a much toned down scent and a less gooey texture. 

  Nature Republic's 92% Aloe Vera Soothing Gel (Php 245)

As a facial moisturizer, I'm rather satisfied that the Aloe Vera Soothing Gel has lived up to its name. It did soothe my dull skin beset by breakouts caused by using a popular local moisturizer. In less than a week of using the Aloe Gel, once in the morning and once at night, I was ecstatic to see my zits disappearing bit by bit. My joy was real and I can't stop being amazed by this terrific product!

Despite its zit-busting wonders however, I wasn't expecting any age-defying effects for the product itself didn't claim such things. But I did notice the fine lines on my forehead were somehow lessened and my over-all facial skin has improved its elasticity. 

When it comes to skin whitening, I did not notice any improvement at all. The tiny freckles around my cheeks were still there including the blackheads around my nose and chin.

But still, I can't help but rave about the product's versatility! It didn't only work as a facial moisturizer but a leave-on mask as well. The aloe gel also did wonders as a hair styling product if you can believe it. It made my hair a lot straighter after massaging just a teaspoonful of aloe gel into damp hair. Although it didn't make my hair shinier, the addition of a few drops of cuticle coat like Citre Shine or Vitress did the trick! 

For just Php 245 a tub, Nature Republic's 92% Aloe Vera Gel deserves a superior rating of 4 musical notes out of 5.

Zit-busting ability      ♪♪♪♪
Soothing Effect         ♪♪♪♪
Age-defying              ♪♪
Skin-whitening          ♪♪
Versatility                  ♪♪♪♪
Affordability             ♪♪♪♪

MY RATING:
Nature Republic 92% Aloe Vera Soothing Gel
♪♪♪♪  Excellent! Highly-Recommended. 

Nature Republic Cleansing Gel Foam

Skeptical might be the best word to describe my reaction when I was first told that this particular cleansing gel doubles as a make-up remover as well. If you're a make-up junkie, then most probably you've invested in a good cleansing oil for you're perfectly aware that a simple cleanser won't be enough to remove stubborn make-up.

 Nature Republic's Aloe Vera Cleansing Gel Foam (Php 245)

I didn't have any choice but to put my faith in this cleansing gel for I've also run out my favorite Kanebo Freshel Cleansing Oil. 

Once I've squeezed the gel out of the tube, its critical thickness was truly unmistakable. As I pursued to make a lather, the scent emitted was refreshingly clean and the foam, admirably thick. Although I've been told countless times that a cleanser's foam levels don't have a direct correlation to its actual cleansing properties, I still want my cleanser to be foamy. Period. 

On my first try, I was able to remove my make-up base and foundation without much effort. I can say the same thing with my mascara and eyeliner but what I wasn't able to tolerate during the process was the unbearable sting in the eyes!

Despite this glitch, I'm still willing to give Nature Republic's Aloe Vera Cleansing Gel Foam a well-deserved 4 musical notes out of 5 because of the following criteria:

Zit-busting ability           ♪♪♪♪
Soothing Effect             ♪♪♪♪
Cleansing Prowess         ♪♪♪♪
Sting Factor                   ♪♪
Affordability                 ♪♪♪♪

MY RATING:
Nature Republic Aloe Vera Cleansing Gel Foam
♪♪♪♪  Excellent! Highly-Recommended. 

Nature Republic Philippines
Branches:

SM City North Edsa, Main Building 
Phone: 921-4781

SM Megamall
Phone: 570-3450

Landmark-Trinoma Mall

Landmark-Makati

Festival Mall
Phone: 822-2953

Sta. Lucia EastMall
Phone: 942-0626

Alabang Town Center (To re-open soon)

SM City Fairview (To re-open soon)
Phone: 921-3829

Fairview Terraces, Main Building 
Phone: 621-2593

Wellworth Ayala-Fairview Terraces


Heart






  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

No comments:

Post a Comment