Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Palty Bubble Hair Color Tutorial 101: Trying Out My Palty in Caramel Sauce For The First Time

Just before our Boracay trip early last month, I was already contemplating on whether to have my hair dyed in a salon or to proceed to my usual DIY hair coloring. I finally decided to pursue my DIY coloring when I saw the Japanese Bubble Hair Color called Palty during a visit to Watson's SM North-The Annex at one time.  

Palty Bubble Hair Color

My Choice: Palty in Yummy Caramel Sauce

See? My roots were obviously showing up and I can't hide them any longer. :-(

Roots, roots, go away!

Up Close with Palty

I was a Palty newbie so I wasn't really familiar with all the stuff found inside the box. Upon closer inspection, however, I was able to distinguish between the base water and the cream which was of course, the lifeline of the whole coloring process.

Allow me to show you what's inside the box:

What's inside the popular Palty Box?
From left to right: (1st row)
Hair Care Solution (light yellow packet)
Base water
Red Mixing Cup
From left to right: (2nd row)
Palty Coloring Cream
Gloves
From left to right: (3rd row)
Mixing Spoon
Instruction Leaflet

All Set For the Skin Allergy Test!

Every time I use a new brand, I never fail to undergo the patch test 24 to 48 hours before hair coloring in order to keep any allergies at bay.

If you haven't done the test before, here's a four-fold approach to help guide you:

1.  Prepare the base water in bottle form, cream, plastic cover/saucer with some Q-tips.

Left to right: cream tube, plastic saucer, q-tips, base water bottle

2. Make the test solution by simply squeezing a pea-size amount of cream and placing it onto the plastic container.


3. Add in the same amount of base water onto the cream and mix both substances until they become foamy.


4. Apply the solution onto the underside of the arm. Let it dry and leave for the next 24 or 48 hours. Note: You might see some discoloration during the patch test. If you don't experience any itching or any undesirable skin results, proceed to coloring after the required time period. 


Yay! It's Time For Hair Coloring.

After reading the manual, I was able to decipher the correct process on how to prepare and apply the solution correctly.

Allow me to share with you the steps involved:

1.  Make sure to shampoo your hair the day before dyeing to avoid any scalp irritations.

2.  Shake the base water up and down around 20 times before pouring the substance onto the mixing cup.

3.  Mix in the entire contents of the cream with the base water.

Pour the base water and cream onto the mixing cup.

Here's how it looks like.

4.  Stir the mixture until foam develops.

Be careful with the overflow!

5. In case the mixture overflows, which is very likely, transfer the contents onto a bigger container. Begin the coloring right away. Don't worry about the colored beads/specks on the mixture as they won't pose any problem in the resulting hair color.


6.  Start with the roots and divide the hair into sections. Apply a scoopful of foam onto the hair until the whole head is covered with the foamy color mixture.

Palty Bubble Hair Color Tutorial 101:
 Color From Roots to Tips

                                                                                                  Palty Bubble Hair Color Tutorial 101: 
                                                                          Gently Massage Hair To Make Sure Color Is Evenly Distributed

                                                                                              Palty Bubble Hair Color Tutorial 101: 
                                               Leave the mixture on for exactly 15 minutes and 20 minutes for those with thicker hair.

7.  Once waiting time is achieved, wash hair with lukewarm water until color runs clear. Don't forget to shampoo hair and condition it with the special hair color solution included in the box.

8.  Since I have naturally fine hair, I just left the color on for exactly 15 minutes. Here's how it looked like after coloring.

Resulting color after 15 minutes

My Palty in Caramel Sauce well into its 2nd week.

My Thoughts on my Palty Experience:

Upside:
  • I love Palty's rich and vibrant shade.
  • I truly enjoyed using this particular bubble hair color brand for it was very easy to use compared to my normal hair color brand. I didn't have to use any brush nor comb which made the whole process much easier and faster.
  • It only took 15 minutes of waiting time to see my desired shade.
Downside:
  • Although the mixture smelled yummy at first, it exhibited a rather strong scent in the process, which was synonymous to Pagoda Cold Wave Lotion, which I wasn't really fond of. 
  • I wasn't expecting that the mixture will overflow during stirring. It was a good thing that I had a plastic container on standby which proved useful in the process.
  • Although I got my desired shade, I can't help but wonder why there were hair sections that were clearly out of sync with the others. Maybe, I wasn't able to section my hair correctly or better yet, since I have long hair, just maybe, one box isn't enough for me.

Will I recommend it?

Most definitely!

Will repurchase?

Certainly. 

Interested in other yummy shades from Palty? Simply check this out!


Palty Bubble Hair Collection
Website
Available at Watson's for Php 499





Heart

  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

3 comments:

  1. Howdy! I simply wish to give an enormous thumbs up for
    the great info you may have here on this post.
    I might be coming again to your blog for more soon.

    Feel free to surf to my web page; seminole state college planetarium hours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day! I simply would like to give an enormous thumbs up for the nice data you’ve here on this
    post. I will probably be coming again to your weblog for more soon.


    Feel free to visit my homepage :: general semantics and holocaust denial

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moreover there have been many interactive toys that are inspired by the
    Lego toys. You'll find that the minifigures from some sets go really well with minifigures from other sets. com receives around four million visitors per month.

    my web-site :: spongebob lego *www.dreamsz.biz*

    ReplyDelete