Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Island Hopping & Snorkeling in Nasugbu, Batangas

If U didn't treat us to a one-of-a-kind island hopping and snorkeling adventure, I would never have realized how much I deeply loved this type of activity. 

Island Hopping & Snorkeling in Nasugbu, Batangas

I haven't been to a lot of beaches in the past primarily because of my love-hate relationship with the sun and on top of that, my non-existent swimming skills. :) Not only that. Any idea that will most likely lead me to getting dunked on a pool of water utterly terrifies me-to death! Although having a life-vest didn't wash away all my fears that afternoon, well, at least, that piece of equipment helped me take the fear into a more manageable level. :)

Island Hopping & Snorkeling in Nasugbu, Batangas

Honestly, I was a little bit embarrassed that my four-year old son didn't demonstrate any external manifestations of fear; just of being sluggish. :-) What I was more concerned about was Tutapel feeling nauseated to the point of throwing up, just like what happened when we boarded the Macau Marine Ferry almost three years ago. Thank goodness, none of my apprehensions did materialize.

Island Hopping & Snorkeling in Nasugbu, Batangas

The non-stop murmur coming from the motorized banca coupled with the warm, salty air brought back memories of the only other island hopping adventure, I've ever found myself to be a part of: My Boracay Escapade with Bala in '97 and another one in '98, with my childhood besty, Dianne.

Nasugbu - Going back

Just seeing this cliff, called Tali, vividly reminded me of the caves of Crystal Cove in Boracay sans that gorgeous white mansion on top, which according to the guide, is Former Philippine President Fidel V. Ramos's retirement house. 


Island Hopping & Snorkeling in Nasugbu, Batangas
Former Philippine President Fidel V. Ramos's Retirement House on Tali Cliff/Tali Beach

Minutes after, we laid eyes on the most beautiful boats docked in front of what it seemed to be an exclusive resort.

Island Hopping & Snorkeling in Nasugbu, Batangas

Island Hopping & Snorkeling in Nasugbu, Batangas

We also moved past a group of vacationers aboard a lovely white boat named the Meemee. How cool was that?

Island Hopping & Snorkeling in Nasugbu, Batangas
Life of the rich and famous!

Into the first hour of our island hopping escapade, we saw these two islands which gave us the impression that they were indeed far apart...

Island Hopping & Snorkeling in Nasugbu, Batangas

...but magically connected once we came nearby. Cool! :-)

Island Hopping & Snorkeling in Nasugbu, Batangas

Another cave caught our attention which made us all think if we could probably stop for a while and snorkel at the same time. However, we were told that the spot was not at all ideal for such activity, so we just let go of that thought in a flash.

Island Hopping & Snorkeling in Nasugbu, Batangas

Finally! Once we arrived at what was deemed to be the perfect spot for snorkeling, one by one, we  went down from the boat into the "friendly waters."

Nasugbu - Taking pic while snorkelling
Courtesy of raluistro photostream on flickr
Follow his Lifestyle/Food Blog called "Balitang SF" right here
(Taken Using A Nikon Coolpix S30)

Here's a glimpse of what seemed to be the most exciting activity we've ever done as a family:


Island Hopping & Snorkeling in Nasugbu, Batangas
Family Snorkeling Time!

Island Hopping & Snorkeling in Nasugbu, Batangas
Momshie Leng donning her trademark "Korean sign" 

Island Hopping & Snorkeling in Nasugbu, Batangas
Erika did not fear the waters at all! 

Island Hopping & Snorkeling in Nasugbu, Batangas
And so did RJ who was just enjoying his time in the waters!

Island Hopping & Snorkeling in Nasugbu, Batangas
Because his vest was too large, we just left Tutapel on the boat with his dear Lola Lydz. 

Nasugbu - Corals
Follow his Lifestyle/Food Blog called "Balitang SF" right here
The World Below (Taken Using A Nikon Coolpix S30)

Island Hopping & Snorkeling in Nasugbu, Batangas
I guess, I really can't hide my fears here....

Island Hopping & Snorkeling in Nasugbu, Batangas
Can you believe I was holding Bala's hands the whole time 
because I was too afraid of drowning?:)


Island Hopping & Snorkeling in Nasugbu, Batangas
Ren and I: Korean-style!  

Island Hopping & Snorkeling in Nasugbu, Batangas
Despite my fears, I truly had a fabulous time.
Thank you so much U!

Canyon Cove Island Hopping Tour:
Inclusive of Two-Hour Boat Ride, Guided Tour of Lorely & Twin Islands
Plus Stop-over at Snorkeling Point

Canyon Cove Beach Club
Facebook






Heart

  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

3 comments:

  1. i miss going to Batangas, so much memories, looks like so much fun, lovely family ate kaye :)

    http://amz88.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ok as long as I have the vest on...sarap naman snorkeling :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! How much was the island-hopping? Medyo malabo kasi yung photo ng prices. ;) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete