Saturday, December 22, 2012

Spotted: Mr. Noel Cabangon @ the Meet & Greet (with Videos)

You can just imagine how elated we were during Noel Cabangon's Album Tour & Meet 'n' Greet. I, for one, can't get enough from testing out my camera's settings to make sure that glitches are at a bare minimum during my most anticipated event.


Meet & Greet with Mr. Noel Cabangon at SM Supermalls

As one of the most respected musicians in the country, it is expected that this minstrel has a gorgeous muse to boot. In Mr. Cabangon's case, it has to be this beautiful guitar, well at least for the event. For I've heard that his one true love is really a Taylor guitar. :)




Meet & Greet with Mr. Noel Cabangon at SM Supermalls
Mr. Noel Cabangon's Gorgeous Guitar

An hour before the event, my nephew and I arrived at the venue. There were other fans who were there much earlier; but, they chose the seats at the middle for some reason. We, on the other hand, wanted to see and listen to Noel Cabangon up close that was why we opted for the seats closest to the stage. :)

When NC finally went onstage, he was all smiles amid several camera flashes and those adorable screams from his fans.

Allow me to share with you an array of Noel Cabangon's photos to give you a glimpse of that whole spectrum of emotions conveyed in his beautiful songs that day. 


Meet & Greet with Mr. Noel Cabangon at SM Supermalls


Meet & Greet with Mr. Noel Cabangon at SM Supermalls


Meet & Greet with Mr. Noel Cabangon at SM Supermalls


Meet & Greet with Mr. Noel Cabangon at SM Supermalls


Meet & Greet with Mr. Noel Cabangon at SM Supermalls


Meet & Greet with Mr. Noel Cabangon at SM Supermalls


Meet & Greet with Mr. Noel Cabangon at SM Supermalls

But of course, nothing beats moving pictures, right? And for this very reason, I took it upon myself to record his performances on video despite my arms crying out from sheer exhaustion.:)


Meet & Greet with Mr. Noel Cabangon at SM Supermalls

I managed to catch Noel Cabangon's adorable entrance right here plus the performance of his first song, a Ryan Cayabyab original, and my personal favorite at that, Tuwing Umuulan at Kapiling Ka.

Please hit the HD button for better picture quality. Unfortunately though the audio quality is not that good because I was too close to the speakers to begin with. :(

Courtesy of Timeless Confection on YouTube

That didn't stop me from recording another take from my handy cam, which turned out to be my last, before it got low bat. :(  Talk about bad timing, considering that the song on cue was another huge favorite of mine- Rey Valera's Kahit Maputi Na Ang Buhok Ko- lifted from Noel's first mainstream album, Byahe. 


Courtesy of Timeless Confection on YouTube

Thank goodness, I was still able to catch the second part of Kahit Maputi na Ang Buhok Ko using my digicam. :)


Courtesy of Timeless Confection on YouTube

My nephew Chix and I were all smiles when Noel sang this Tito Sotto-Spanky Rigor-Joey de Leon composition, Ikaw Lang Ang Aking Mahal. The song's innate 70s charm  was given a rather retro-folksy makeover under Cabangon's creative mind.  


Courtesy of Timeless Confection on YouTube

After the hour-long show, we all lined-up for the Meet & Greet with Mr. Noel Cabangon! I've been hearing several good stories about the man, fan comments like how level-headed, humble and down-to-earth he really is. Meeting him for those few precious moments validated all those wonderful stories and further cemented my admiration for him as a musician.


Meet & Greet with Mr. Noel Cabangon at SM Supermalls

That's my name! How cool is that? 


Meet & Greet with Mr. Noel Cabangon at SM Supermalls

Our photo op with the Philippine's pride-Mr Noel Cabangon which pretty much sealed the deal for me and my nephew. :)

Meet & Greet with Mr. Noel Cabangon at SM Supermalls

It turned out that Tutapel won't leave the venue without a photo from his favorite singer, too! :)


Meet & Greet with Mr. Noel Cabangon at SM Supermalls

You, too, can share in Mr. Noel Cabangon's heartwarming music by purchasing his newest album entitled "Tuloy ang Byahe"available at leading record bars nationwide.


Noel Cabangon's newest album dubbed "Tuloy ang Byahe!"


Next: Proudly Pinoy!


Heart

  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the autographed cd, Kaye! Ive been listening to it. Nakaka homesick tuloy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi kaye, thanks for the autographed 'tuloy ang byahe' cd! ang gaganda ng renditions niya ng 'anak', 'handog',etc.
    p.s. nakaka-home sick! :)

    ReplyDelete