Saturday, September 15, 2012

CJ Korean Bulgogi Sauce Is As Delish As It Looks ♪♪♪


 CJ Korean Bulgogi Sauce in Original and Hot & Spicy Flavors

While doing my usual rounds at the supermarket, my eyes were riveted towards this particular shelf.

 CJ Korean Bulgogi Sauce 

I think it was the KOREAN BULGOGI part that got my attention in the first place which was quite understandable considering how much I love anything Korean! Smiling Smiley Face

 CJ Korean Bulgogi Sauce 

Upon closer inspection, there's a tag boasting of the CJ Brand's no.1 status as the best bulgogi sauce in Korea from 2005 to 2010. Well, that got me hooked alright. The label further states that CJ Korean Bulgogi Sauce is made up of pear and apple puree to create that natural sweet 'n' fruity flavor which sounded really good to me.

As far as nutritional facts are concerned: Every 18 gram serving of the Bulgogi sauce yields 30 calories, 0 gram of fat, 400 mg of sodium and 7 grams of total carbohydrate.

When I got home, I proceeded to cook my squid according to package instructions:

Step 1:  Marinate meat or seafood of choice with CJ Korean Bulgogi Sauce overnight. Remember: One 290 gram bottle is good for marinating 1.5 kilos of meat.


Step 2: If you don't have the time, at least let the marinade sit for at least 30 minutes to 2 hours. If you're still in a hurry, simmer the marinade until meat is tender to let the flavor penetrate a bit more. 


Step 3: Grill, saute or stir-fry the marinate until cooked.

Tada! Squid in Korean Bulgogi Sauce!

 Yummo!

The meat came out flavorfully sweet with a tinge of saltiness. Its distinct yet amazingly familiar taste made me feel that what I was eating was in fact Filipino in nature. Its earthy, robust flavors drove me to have a second and a normally non-existent third helping because the dish was so worth the calories!

To be honest, I was kinda expecting it to have an iota of bitterness because of its charbroiled look. Imagine my elation when I discovered that my initial reaction was in fact groundless. Even Bala who was at first skeptical about the taste was won over at the end! Even my nephews can't get enough of the bulgogi.Smiling Smiley Face


                                                                
      Follow me on Instagram! Smiling Smiley Face

Voila! My bulgogi is now ready for Instagram! Cloud 9 Smiley 

CJ Korean Bulgogi Sauce is marketed in 290 gram bottle for Php 65 (Original Flavor) and Php 62 (Hot & Spicy) and Php 109 for the larger sized bottles. They are all available at leading supermarkets (SM supermarkets and the like) nationwide.

MY RATING:
CJ Korean Bulgogi Sauce
♪♪ Fantastic! It's on my list of favorites.


Heart

  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

1 comment: