Thursday, May 10, 2012

Bubble Bath Bar Matchups: SEPHORA Effervescent Cube & LUSH Pop In the Bath Bubble Bar

During a rare visit to Sephora Starhill in Kuala Lumpur, I made sure to purchase some affordable bubble bath bars which I thought were perfect companions to our Cebu sojourn scheduled just a few days in between each other.

Sephora Effervescent Cube in Musk Almond

     Sephora Effervescent Cube in Musk Almond (around RM 4.95 or Php 68 per piece) 

A kind beauty consultant from Sephora Starhill suggested the Sephora Effervescent Cubes which according to her would work best with their body oil. Since I was on a budget, I just bought the bath cubes and ditched the body oil.

                                          Demo at Maribago Bluewater Beach Resort

Fast forward to Cebu. As soon as we got settled at Maribago Bluewater Beach Resort, I took the three Sephora Effervescent Cubes on a test drive.

 
                                     
At first, I was disappointed that the cubes didn't produce a massive amount of bubbles which I was dying to see. What is a bubble bath without bubbles, right?

 
A thick milky foam emerged instead which slowly enveloped the whole tub. I soon found out that what the Sephora Effervescent Cubes lacked in bubble production, they greatly compensated with topnotch skin nourishing capability.


I really felt that my skin became two notches softer after the soak! I can't help but regret not buying the body oil which I thought would have produced an even greater result.  Another thing worth raving about was the musk almond scent which I found both sweet and soothing. 


                                                                          MY RATING
SEPHORA Effervescent Cube
♪♪ Good. It's worth a try.

Sephora Malaysia
Branches
Sephora Starhill
Starhill Gallery
181, Jalan Bukit Bintang,
55100 Kuala Lumpur
Opening Hours: 10am - 10pm

Sephora Suria KLCC
C22, Concourse Floor,
Suria KLCC,
Kuala Lumpur City Centre
50088 Kuala Lumpur
Opening Hours: 10am - 10pm

LUSH Pop In the Bath Bubble Bar

 
                                       LUSH Pop In the Bath Bubble Bar ( Php 275) 

I first heard about this particular product from R & R and have been quite intrigued by it ever since. A few days before our Cebu trip, I dropped by LUSH at SM North The Block and purchased two bath bubble bars.

                                                LUSH Pop In the Bath Bubble Bar

A peek at the Lush Philippines Website revealed that this particular bath bubble bar consists of mandarin oil and orange blossom absolute with a chipper little flower on top for an added twist. Just like other LUSH products, this bubble bar wasn't tested on animals. 

 

Since it was my first time using this particular bubble bar, I must admit that I wasn't able to use it properly.

 

After peeling the wrapper, I simply threw it into the tub filled with lukewarm water.

 

  

It settled on one side of the tub and took forever to disintegrate.

What I didn't know at the time was that for better bubble production, I should have crumbled the bar under running warm water with the faucet turned to the max for an even greater water pressure.


Anyway, here's how the tub looked like after the bubble bar disintegrated and myself whipping up some waves in it.

What I loved about the LUSH Pop in the Bath Bubble Bar was its delicate vanilla scent and of course its immense bubble capability. As far as skin nourishment however, I would have to say that the SEPHORA Effervescent Cubes were definitely much more effective in this department.

MY RATING
LUSH Pop In the Bath Bubble Bar
♪♪ Good. It's worth a try.

LUSH Philippines
Branches
LUSH SM NORTH THE BLOCK
LUSH GLORIETTA G/F Glorietta 4 Ayala Center, Makati City, Tel. No. 8176152
LUSH SHANGRILA 2/L Shangrila Plaza Shaw Blvd., Mandaluyong City, Tel. No. 6331631
LUSH GREENBELT 3 G/F Greenbelt 3 Ayala Center, Makati City, Tel. No. 7574572
LUSH MALL OF ASIA 2/L SM Mall of Asia, SM Business Central Park Bay City, Pasay City, Tel. No. 5560463
LUSH ALABANG TOWN CENTER G/F Commerce Ave., Alabang Town Center, Tel. No. 8429908
LUSH TRINOMA M3 Level 3, Trinoma, Tel. No. 9153016
LUSH BONIFACIO HIGH STREET Quadrant 7 BGC Retail Promenade Fort Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, Tel. No. 8562022

Next:




 Heart


  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

2 comments:

  1. Cute!!! I want one too! Haha! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Undeniably believe that which you said. Your favorite reason seemed
    to be on the net the easiest factor to keep in mind of.
    I say to you, I definitely get annoyed whilst folks consider concerns that they plainly don't realize about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as smartly as outlined out the entire thing without having side effect , folks could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

    Also visit my web blog :: new cellulite treatment

    ReplyDelete