Discount Organic Skin Care Products

Monday, April 2, 2012

Trying out Swensen's at SM Mall of Asia ♪♪♪♪♪


Bala and Tutapel inside the NIDO FORTIFIED Science Discovery Center

After visiting the NIDO FORTIFIED Science Discovery Center at SM Mall of Asia last Saturday night, we decided to try out Swensen's. Clearly, I have been salivating over their seemingly awesome desserts ever since I saw their menu from their Facebook Fan Page.


Unlike Swensen's Singapore that offers both food and desserts, Swensen's Philippines only specializes in frozen desserts sort of what the Magnolia House was known for in yesteryears.

Swensen's Mall of Asia

As soon as we stepped into their ice cream parlor, the staff approached us with a sweet smile and a warm greeting and then led us to a pair of alcove-inspired seating. Within seconds, we were given their menu filled with a wide array of ice cream varieties and sundaes to choose from.

As soon as I saw their menu, I heard a gong inside my head signalling the very foundation of my three-week carb-free diet crumbling down! Let me show you how amazing their desserts menu looked like which made me react this way:

Swensen's Mall of Asia Signature Sundaes


              Swensen's Mall of Asia Cable Parfait, Chocolate Fantasy & Beautiful Sundaes

                            Swensen's Mall of Asia Bake Shoppe Sundaes, Shakin 'n' Freezin, 
                                        Basket Sundaes & Super Fantasy Supreme Sundaes
                                                        

                 Swensen's Mall of Asia Beverage, Gourmet Coffee & Scoops & Toppings

Don't they look absolutely amazing? After an agonizing 10 minutes or so, we settled for two petite sundaes.

                                On The Table: From Swensen's Beautiful Sundaes Series

 Swensen's Chewy Chocky Fancy (PHP 138).

Semi-sweet chocolate ice cream topped with hot fudge, whipped cream and chocolate covered cherry with a  chocolate wafer served on the side. I love the fact that it was not too sweet yet sparkled with a rich flavor that made me fall in love with chocolate all over again. The ice cream was as luxuriously smooth as the Haagen Dazs ice cream I had before; but, a tad cheaper which made me very happy.


                                      Swensen's Chewy Chocky Fancy (PHP 138)

 Swensen's Hot Fudge Bonus (PHP 140).

Sweet Almond Praline Ice Cream topped with hot fudge, caramel sauce, whipped cream and cherry with a vanilla wafer and bananas on the side. I found it a little bit too sweet to my liking perhaps due to the addition of caramel. Nevertheless, since I also have a penchant for deep flavors, I can't deny the fact that this variant won me over in the end.

                                         Swensen's Hot Fudge Bonus (PHP 140)

My Rating: 
Swensen's Mall of Asia
♪♪ Fantastic. It's on  my list of favorites!


Coming very soon! Swensen's 2nd Floor Veranda, Eastwood Mall
Libis, Quezon City.



Swensen's Mall of Asia
Ground floor, South Wing-near SM Department 
Phone: 28040046

Footnote: Menu photos were lifted from Swensen's Facebook Fan Page. 



Heart

  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

5 comments:

  1. yummy indeed emafe rice!thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. waaah i'll visit this place soon, yum!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. im a huge fans of chocolate here! i bet i'd go gaga if i visit this place :D

    Latest: You're Hot and Cold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kaye,

    My name is Eric Enriquez and I am the Marketing Assistant for Swensen's Philippines.
    I would like to let you know that we featured your blog at Swensens Fan Page in Facebook.

    See you at Eastwood!

    ReplyDelete