Friday, April 6, 2012

Experiencing God at the Touch of Glory Prayer Mountain (TGPM) in Antipolo

It was during the Youth Camp of BOL when I first spent a few overnights at the Touch of Glory Prayer Mountain. I was 18 then, a freshman in college, with a burning zeal to develop a deeper knowledge of who God is and how he can be real in my life. Through several preachings, I learned that in order to get to know more about God, I need to prioritize Him the moment I wake up through scripture meditation, a heartfelt worship and prayer.

Through the years, I've come back to this place of solitude either alone, with family or with friends. Any which way, I have received guidance and answered prayers not because this place is "magical" nor "powerful" but because we have a great God! So mighty indeed that He is still the same yesterday, today and forever! In fact, His love for our forefathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is still available to you and me in similar intensity.

                                           Touch of Glory Prayer Mountain

I guess, going up the mountain, made me more in tuned with this truth because there, I heard His voice much more clearly because I was enveloped in silence. But I also realized that even after my visit, I can still keep a piece of the TGPM Prayer Mountain in my heart by constantly meditating on the many lessons learned during my visits. 

For instance, when I finally asked God for a son after thirteen years of marriage, I remember telling Him about our plan to go up the prayer mountain just so we can search for His will about this matter. For some reason, my hubby Bala and I never got to do that.

What happened was that I would wake up at dawn for my devotions coupled with my prayer request for a son guided all throughout by the PLEADS principle. 

Four months after, I found out that I've become pregnant without any work-up nor any medical intervention whatsoever!

PLEADS is not a chant nor a visualization technique to get what you want from God. It is simply an acronym of several biblical principles put together to make the believer remember what God is looking for in the prayer and in the life of the one praying for an answer.

Let me share with you about this principle which I've learned almost 22 years ago:

P- Prayer should be persevering until the answer is brought down from heaven. Remember Daniel from the bible? In Daniel Chapter 10 for instance, he prayed about the interpretation for his dream, and right there and then God heard him. But the answer took longer than expected because the Angel Gabriel was delayed for 21 days by the demonic spirit in charge of the Persian Kingdom!

L- Prayer should be laborious. You must be willing to wake up early to pray about your request and even attend prayer meetings to continually plead with God.

E- When you pray, expect-

A- An answer from God. Hebrews 11:6 teaches us that "...it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that He rewards those who sincerely seek him."

D- Prayer should have a degree of being desperate; meaning, you must believe that only God and no one else can answer your prayer. Somehow we are to pattern our being "desperate" with how Jacob wrestled with God in Genesis 32:22-32; that is, when Jacob refused to let go of God until He blessed him!

S- True prayer must involve sacrifice. Since we're called to a life of prayer and not just to have a prayer life, God must see in us the willingness to sacrifice not only for his church programs and missions work through our time, tithes and offerings; but also to apply this same love and sacrifice to just about anyone we meet and feel burdened about.

I might have applied each of this principle the best way I knew how but through the course of my prayer, PLEADS was subjected under a grander, more amazing prayer:

"For me to know more about God and have a fresh encounter with him all the days of my life." 


Touch of Glory Prayer Mountain
Mission: Aims to provide a venue where one's soul can rest
and conquer through an encounter with God's presence! 


Heart

  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

24 comments:

  1. thank you, I needed to learn that. May the Lord keep blessing you in many facets of your life and to keep showing you and making you experiment his many names. In Jesus name I pray, AMEN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For anyone out there considering buying this gear but not positive it is really the best suit, this short critique
    should provide you a very good, honest insight within the pros and cons of Bowflex's SelectTech Dumbbells.

    my web page; http://www.getfitnstrong.com/adjustable-dumbbells/dumbbell-sets

    ReplyDelete
  3. I desired a lean, muscular physique which i could
    come to feel proud about.

    my web site: bowflex 552

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helpful info. Fortunate me I discovered your website by accident, and I'm shocked why this accident didn't came about earlier!
    I bookmarked it.

    Feel free to visit my page ... men's vestal watches

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read some just right stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how so much effort you set to make this sort of excellent informative website.

    Here is my blog post :: affiliate marketing software

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent house physical fitness devices can past for a long time, when giving you the
    freedom to work out anytime you desire and keep as a
    minimum simple fitness stage.

    Here is my weblog :: dumbbell sets

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't even understand how I finished up here, but I assumed this put up was good. I do not recognise who you're
    however definitely you're going to a famous blogger when you aren't already.
    Cheers!

    Check out my blog post: digitalprojects.montrealgazette.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello there! Quick question that's entirely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My web site looks weird when browsing from my iphone. I'm trying to
    find a theme or plugin that might be able to correct this issue.
    If you have any suggestions, please share. Thank you!

    My homepage :: womens armitron watches

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my first time pay a visit at here and i am actually happy
    to read everthing at single place.

    Here is my web-site; men's watches

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your means of telling everything in this post is
    in fact fastidious, all can effortlessly be aware of it, Thanks a
    lot.

    My web page :: Www.osteopatiacreso.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful article! This is the kind of information that are meant
    to be shared around the web. Shame on the seek engines for no
    longer positioning this submit upper! Come on over and consult with my web
    site . Thank you =)

    Here is my web blog :: relic watch For women

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do not know whether it's just me or if everyone else encountering problems with your site. It looks like some of the text in your content are running off the screen. Can someone else please provide feedback and let me know if this is happening to them too? This could be a issue with my web browser because I've had this happen previously.

    Appreciate it

    Here is my web page - Midi-Pyrenees.Partipirate.Org

    ReplyDelete
  13. I blog frequently and I really thank you for your content.
    Your article has really peaked my interest. I'm going to bookmark your blog and keep checking for new information about once per week. I subscribed to your RSS feed as well.

    My web page - akribos xxiv for women

    ReplyDelete
  14. Greetings, I think your blog may be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I take a look at your site in Safari, it looks fine but when opening in
    IE, it has some overlapping issues. I just wanted to provide you with a quick heads up!
    Aside from that, fantastic website!

    Here is my web site :: wiki.Oszone.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Bowflex 7 Series treadmill has been selected
    as amongst the leading workout equipment by US exercise magazine editors.


    Visit my web-site ... simply click the following page

    ReplyDelete
  16. Scientists advise that L-carnitine may possibly enable provide far more blood
    and a lot more oxygen to muscle during work out, which can help strengthen electrical power era, clean
    out substances that make agonizing signs or symptoms and restore weakened muscle
    mass.

    Feel free to surf to my webpage free weights for sale

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dumbbells give a very good kind of resistance, consider up tiny space, and can be
    utilised for your monstrous range of workouts.

    Here is my blog; http://www.Getfitnstrong.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. When my Bowflex sales man termed me and instructed me with regards to
    the Revolution XP, I was intrigued.

    my web blog www.getfitnstrong.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Spot on with this write-up, I actually believe that this website needs a great deal more attention.
    I'll probably be returning to read through more, thanks for the info!

    Also visit my blog post: avanit wine cooles

    ReplyDelete
  20. This health supplement just isn't only used by men and women of a unique age but additionally by people concerned with human body creating whatever age.

    my web blog :: Full Statement

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello there, I found your website by the use of Google while looking
    for a similar matter, your website got here up, it looks good.

    I've bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
    Hi there, simply become aware of your blog via Google, and located that it is truly informative. I'm gonna watch out for brussels.

    I will be grateful should you proceed this in
    future. Many folks will be benefited from your writing.
    Cheers!

    My web blog: golf simulators of america ()

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's very effortless to find out any topic on web as compared to textbooks, as I found this post at this website.

    Feel free to visit my weblog: hobbies liste (www.ktmet.com)

    ReplyDelete
  23. An interesting discussion is definitely worth comment.
    I believe that you should publish more about this subject matter, it may not be a
    taboo matter but usually folks don't discuss such issues. To the next! Best wishes!!

    Stop by my blog post; hobbies shapeable batteries ()

    ReplyDelete
  24. Operating out late within the evening might also induce some slumber disruption.


    Feel free to surf to my weblog :: weights dumbbells adjustable

    ReplyDelete