Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Creating An iPhone Application For Your Blog or Website

It took me around two and a half hours to complete this iPhone application for my blog Timeless Confection. I used a fairly simple free web application called buildapp which consists of five easy-to-follow steps: App building; App settings; App info; Notifications; App publishing.

It turned out that the initial four steps were quite manageable. When I reached the fifth and final step however I was  asked to upload my distribution certificate which sounded Greek to me. When I clicked on the option where newbie developers like me don't know a thing about this document nor how to generate it, all I had to do was to download the certificate into my computer. But when I did download it, neither my computer nor zamzar can recognize it.

But for a fee of USD 299 (Apple fee not included), buildapp offers to take care of everything from the Distribution Certificate, provisioning, building and management of the apps. But of course, I didn't choose  that option.

For all it's worth, I did enjoy creating this potential iPhone app for my blog although it won't get published at the Apple store.

Have a look at what I've managed to create. Simply click on the links to be directed to the complete blog posts. Thank you!






If you want to create and later on publish an iPhone application for your blog or website, simply go to ibuildapp.com and follow the five steps accordingly.

Cheers!

Heart








  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

1 comment: