Wednesday, March 21, 2012

4Fingers Crispy Chicken (Korean-style) at SM City North Edsa ♪♪

The Indonesia-Singapore labels plastered on the walls outside the store made me curious. I've always been intrigued by these international food chains settling here in the metro; that's why, as long as their prices are affordable, I try to sample what I think won't hurt my budget as well as my weight. :)

                                                    Tutapel exploring 4Fingers Crispy Chicken

  Wall Mural The 4Fingers Crispy Chicken Way

What I didn't know at the time was just like Bonchon, 4Fingers offers Korean-style Fried Chicken.:) What's more interesting is the fact that 4Fingers' real name in Singapore, where it originally came from, is 4Fingers Bonchon! Maybe they decided to drop Bonchon right here to set it apart from the other Bonchon food chain. 

                                               Drumstick Rice Box (soy garlic flavor) PHP 149


I wanted to have a taste of their soy garlic chicken that was why I asked Bala to order this meal for me. At first bite, I thought it tasted like Bonchon Korean-style Fried Chicken- the same crisp sweetness and all. But the succeeding bites revealed some contrasting differences. Bonchon Korean-style Fried Chicken was more crisp and had a lot more flavor in its meat. In the vernacular, "mas nanunuot ang lasa ng Bonchon hanggang sa laman." I believe that if I haven't tasted Bonchon at all, I would have been a lot more impressed by 4Fingers' unique fried chicken. Sadly, that was not the case.

 Seafood Rice  Box PHP 229

If I was not that impressed by their fried chicken, Bala's order of calamari and shrimp as shown above, made me smile with pleasure. With tender squid and shrimps draped in a thin, crisp batter, this dish exhibited a depth of flavors considering its fast food nature. Another facet worth raving about was the rice topped with sweet soy sauce and  spicy "budbod" similar to what you can find in Japanese food stores. 

Each meal came with a choice of either green or red iced tea or even soda.

Other Available Combo Meals (inclusive of a small soda/iced tea and fries):

Chicken Rice Box  PHP 139
4 Fingers Crispy Chicken (6 Pcs.)  PHP 229
Chicken Drumsticks (3 Pcs.)  PHP 229
Katsu Chicken Sandwich  PHP 199
Calamari & Shrimp PHP 229
Crispy Calamari PHP 229
Battered Shrimp PHP 229
Chicken Wrap PHP 229

4Fingers Crispy Chicken SM North Edsa
 Facebook 

My Rating:
4Fingers Crispy Chicken: 
♪♪ Good. It's worth a try!


Heart

  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

6 comments:

  1. this looks interesting, will recommend this to my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting concept and design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kate: hi dear. Yes. It's really worth a try...

    @MeiTzeu: I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. im curious about this place hmmm my friend also said bonchon for the win still..
    the like the interior specially the graffiti and lamps <3 i really like this review :D

    http://amz88.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi aiMee! you're right their interiors are so unique! i really enjoyed your blog, btw...

    ReplyDelete