Sunday, February 5, 2012

Inventively Delish Oyaki From The Loaf @ Tokyo Street, Pavilion Kuala Lumpur ♪♪♪

After working on a voice-over project for the past three days, I'm now free to blog as often as I want, well, at least until another wonderful project comes along. But honestly, I can't totally shake off the blogging virus from my system even if I wanted to because I still have a plethora of travel articles to write. Allow me to share with you about this set of Oyaki that I was able to try from The Loaf @ Tokyo Street.

The Loaf Stall @ Tokyo Street, Pavilion Kuala Lumpur

Good Deal: Buy 6 Oyaki for the Price of 5!

Perfect Pair: Ochado Bubble Tea and The Loaf's Oyaki
Why don't we take a look at what's inside the brown bag:

Choco Banana Oyaki and Green Tea Oyaki 

German Potato Oyaki and Coconut Oyaki

Mango Cream Cheese Oyaki and Kaya Oyaki
To be honest, I didn't know a thing about Oyaki prior to my discovery of The Loaf @ Tokyo Street. It was only then that I discovered that Oyaki was a Japanese-style bun which was extremely popular during the Taisho period (1912-1925). Made traditionally from local flour and water, the Oyaki dough is made to highlight the filling composed of veggies seasoned with miso or Japanese soy sauce and then fried until crisp. Today, The Loaf has altered certain aspects of the traditional Oyaki by using oven-baked butter roll dough stuffed with more than 10 varieties of sweets and savories.
My thoughts:
These bread varieties add a historical dimension to the whole science of bread making; thus, turning Oyaki into a well- loved snack not only in Japan but also in certain parts of the globe. Being the versatile creation  that it is, partly thanks to The Loaf's inventive tweaking, I won't be surprised if it creeps into the menu of Afternoon Tea or High-Tea in the near future. Although it is not as flaky as the scone, its intrinsically deep flavor coupled with its chewy nature makes for an interesting piece of carb-fix. I found out that just one is enough to satiate the appetite but of course it was virtually impossible for me not to try the other varieties because they just looked oh so good! And I haven't talked about how the generous amount of filling added an element of delightful surprise to the sweet n' buttery breads. 

The Loaf @ Tokyo Street
Oyaki: RM 2.90 or PHP 41 each
Lot No: P6.35.00
Official Website
6th Floor, Pavilion Kuala Lumpur
168 Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100 
KL, Malaysia



Heart

  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

No comments:

Post a Comment