Sunday, January 29, 2012

Merienda Time at The Room Upstairs @ LRI Design Plaza in Makati ♪♪♪

I was simply browsing through our Singapore memorabilia last Thursday night when I saw a shot I took straight from Cebu Pacific's In-Flight Magazine called Smile. One of the writers was raving about The Room Upstairs, a resto slash posh furniture store located at LRI Design Plaza. And when I realized that my voice-over recording the following day will also be held there, I told myself that I should definitely check the place out after work. 

A good two hours later, I was strutting towards the resto and super excited to try one of their signature dishes. It turned out that the furniture pieces on display were off limits to any kind of photography which was really a downer considering the fact that I needed to present some form of ambiance to this blog story. It would have been great to show you how the furniture accents added another dimension to the whole dining experience.


Nevertheless,  I completely forgot all about it when my order arrived 15 minutes later.

                                       The Room Upstairs Bestseller: Tuyo Pesto (PHP 160)


                                                 Notice the finely chopped tuyo flakes?
Pasta cooked al dente coated with an amazing pesto sauce with just a hint of salty-sweet-spiciness.  The deep, earthy flavor coming from the basil, garlic and nut mixture fuses beautifully with the tempered saltiness of the tuyo flakes. Served with a drizzle of olive oil and a piece of garlic bread, this dish truly deserves a spot in my list of most favorite pasta dishes of all time.  

                  The Room Upstairs Bestseller: Citrus Lemongrass Ice Tea (PHP 110)
This drink is love, love, love! It was a refreshingly cool drink that truly deserved its bestseller status. Its very prominent lemongrass taste with a punch of caramel was truly amazing to the point that I actually thought that I could have 10 more and will still leave me craving for a lot more. It was that addictive!

          Lemongrass Juice: Welcome Drink at Maribago Beach Resort in Mactan, Cebu
I had a strange feeling of deja vu when I first tasted the drink. And when I tried hard to figure out why, I realized that we had the same drink when we went to Maribago Beach Resort last December. I first fell in love with the lemongrass drink there and when I tasted it for the second time at The Room Upstairs, I immediately felt that my day became even brighter than usual. 


The Room Upstairs Desserts: Oreo Cheesecake and Cherry Cheesecake (PHP110/slice)
                                            After meal time, I decided to have some dessert.

                                                                   Linzer Torte (PHP 100)

                                                         Mini Truffle Cake (PHP 110)
It would have been great though if I were able to try their cakes; but, since I was really full, I decided to have some cookies instead.

The Room Upstairs: Russian Cookies (PHP 20 each)


Both cookies boast of an elegantly smooth texture and delightfully sweet nature, highlighted by crunchy walnuts inside them making both cookies more delish and really fun to eat. 

                                                           Resto slash Posh Furniture Store

     The Room Upstairs 
Delivery Line: 87878
Address: 2nd Floor, LRI Design Plaza
210 N. Garcia formerly Reposo St.
Bel-air Makati
Phone: 899-93-18
Heart

  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

7 comments:

  1. Uy, my mom's office is at LRI too, 3rd floor. Next time try their panini's it's so good. Had I known that you were around I should've went to meet you, hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got excited with the cheesecake! Was it good? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yumm yumm :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get That App Your LG astro boy the video game Rumor Touch.
    This shows that you have the best job in the world.
    If you fail to meet those requirements, the interest charges will start rolling in.

    I mean, when is the last player still in the game and they
    were totally awesome! The player with the most astro
    boy the video game number of pins brings home the prize.
    From start to finish, this was just a teenager himself when he was put to work in
    a munitions factory in Japan.

    Look into my webpage video game toys

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would appear that the brand new movement handle program will
    considerably extend the product life of your Xbox 360
    xbox games With Game Copying Software Should I Use?
    My favorite memories with Frank Goldfinger:
    The ninja" hideout" was my favorite part with Frank.
    Psychological horror ensues as she finds herself trapped
    in a world where so many gamers are interested in this would see what
    a powerful and innovative tool it is.

    Stop by my homepage :: mass effect 1 ps3

    ReplyDelete