Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Memorable Breakfast At The Loaf: Dr. Mahathir Mohamad's Famous Bakery & Bistro at Pavilion Kuala Lumpur ♪♪♪

It was our second day in Kuala Lumpur and an unfamiliar kind of excitement gripped me. I can't believe that a host of boutique stores were just a stone's throw away from our hotel! You can say that was the refreshing  advantage of staying within the vicinity of Jalan Bukit Bintang.

           Bala and Tutapel walking towards Sephora Starhill

         Sephora Starhill Just Across Pavilion Kuala Lumpur

One of the most famous stores there was Sephorajust a few yards away from our hotel.

      Pavilion Kuala Lumpur: Just Across Sephora 

Heading towards Pavilion Kuala Lumpur

Just across Sephora was the high-end mall called The Pavilion Kuala Lumpur.

The Loaf Bakery & Bistro

On its right, there stood the famous The Loaf Bakery & Bistro.


    The Loaf @ Pavilion Kuala Lumpur

What made this stopover extra memorable was the fact that this bakery slash bistro was the brainchild of former Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad! Come to think of it, I never actually dined in a place conceptualized by a powerful figure before.

  Delectable goodies at The Loaf Bakery & Bistro

It turned out that Dr. Mahathir teamed up with a Japanese businessman to bring life to a bakery slash bistro where good friends and family members can just hang out, chat and have a good laugh over good food and coffee.

That said, allow me to share with you some of the things we ordered that morning:

      Rolandito's Bread Choices
        Left and right: Croissants
     Middle: Croissant Petite Mixed Nuts 

                                                               
    Our Breakfast Choices:
Above L-R:  Earl Madeleine (RM 2.30 OR PHP 32)
    Red Bean Walnut  (RM 2.90 OR PHP 40)
Mango Banana Bliss Uhuhu (RM 3.20 OR PHP 44.9

Below L-R :  Maple Butter (RM 2.90 OR PHP 40)
   Choco Petite   (RM 4.90 OR PHP 68)

I found their breads to be imaginative, abounding with several degrees of creativity and very much compatible to my taste buds' inherent craving for the sweet stuffs. The Uhuhu however was a revelation! It was not that sweet and had a distinct taste from all the cheesecakes I've had before. At first bite, I might not have been that impressed but a few spoonfuls later, I thought of ordering some more if I wasn't that full.

    Left to Right: Hot Caramel Cappuccino (RM 9.50 OR PHP 133)
  Iced Hazelnut Latte (RM 8.80 OR PHP 123)

To wash all these goodies down, I chose these two coffee variants for both Bala and myself. Although I really liked how they made their coffee, I thought that with a little more milk and sugar though, mine would have been perfect. But of course, I'm not really a true blue coffee drinker, unlike Bala who obviously enjoyed his cuppa java. You could say that I'm more of a frappuccino gal who likes the cream more than the coffee. I know. It's inconceivable, right?

Nice ambience at The Loaf Bakery Bistro @ Pavilion Kuala Lumpur

Aside from good food, their staff members were some of the best I've ever encountered. They were super friendly, uber nice and ultra warm. If only distance was not an issue, I will surely come back and try out their other wonderful creations.


      The Loaf Bakery & Bistro Newsletter

The Loaf Bakery & Bistro
Pavilion Kuala Lumpur
Phone: 0321453036

MY RATING:
The Loaf Bakery & Bistro @ Pavilion Kuala Lumpur
♪♪ Fantastic! It's on my list of favorites. 


Heart

  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

4 comments:

  1. I hope i can get to travel soon. Nice photos~

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Loaf bakery & BistroJanuary 13, 2012 at 12:48 PM

    Dear Kaye, Thank you very much for visiting us and have such a good remarks over our Pavilion KL outlet. Hopefully can see you again soon..Have a good day...Mabuhay!

    Best Regards
    The Loaf Bakery & Bistro

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the heartwarming post. More power to The Loaf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Web Developers DelhiJanuary 7, 2015 at 8:40 PM

    Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

    ReplyDelete