Tuesday, November 22, 2011

McDonald's Hong Kong's Healthy Edge Over McDo Philippines

At first glance, there's nothing really spectacular that distinguishes McDonald's Hong Kong from its Philippine counterpart.

McDonald's Hong Kong

It shares a similar bright yellow sign that makes you want to put both your hands over your head and with a cute tilt say "McDo-Love Ko 'To!"

Okay.

Maybe, I'm just talking about me.

McDonald's Hong Kong

As I went down the stairs towards a nearby McDonald's in Tsim Sha Tsui, I already knew what I was going to order.

McDonald's Hong Kong

True enough, I ordered this Filet-O-Fish Meal for HKD 27 or Php 150 and shared it with Bala and Tutapel.

McDonald's Hong Kong
Oh yes.

I knew that the meal itself holds a big amount of fat and sodium that was why I decided to share the love and the calories with my boys.

McDonald's Hong Kong

You might be wondering how the Fish Fillet tasted like, right?

Compared to its Filipino variant, the HK version was less flavorful maybe because it didn't have that much grease and salt. 

McDonald's Hong Kong

When I chewed on it some more, I really can't decipher that exotic spice that enveloped the fish fillet. 

Needless to say, I found that odd taste present in two other fast food outlets, KFC and Popeyes.

Because of that indescribable taste alongside the blandess of the products, I dare say that the Filipino varieties taste so much better.

But I'm not sure if ours are a lot healthier though.

What made me say that?

                                                  Courtesy of Mcdonalds Hong Kong

You see, the great thing about McDonald's Hong Kong is that it offers a plethora of healthy drinks like Hi-Calcium Low Fat Milk and Soya Milk for just an additional HKD 4 or Php 22.

                                            Courtesy of McDonalds Hong Kong

Not only that.

McDonald's Hong Kong also has an array of really fresh salads to choose from.

I also heard that in some branches, they offer grilled chicken burgers and soft-serve ice cream with healthy beans like azuki and mung bean.

How cool is that?

It was a shame though that it was only after we made our order when I discovered about these healthful alternatives.

I can only hope that this healthy edge that McDo HK has over us will soon end.

When will McDonald's Philippines ever spice up their menu with some healthy dishes especially now that many Filipinos have become more conscious about their health?


Heart

  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

4 comments:

  1. Hi Girl , I live in Hong Kong and I always eat McDonalds : D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer! Have you tried their salads and milk yet? How did you like them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimberly Marie GillJanuary 14, 2012 at 9:25 PM

    So true...been to HK a few times and I can really say McDonald's in HK is way too far from what we have here in the Philippines. Nice blog btw :)

    Now following you

    http://kimycuporiginals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the visit Kimberly!will follow you back.

    ReplyDelete