Friday, November 11, 2011

Hardwork Personified: The Talented Ladies of the Easter Weaving Room in Baguio City

If you were to rate your hard work potential in terms of consistency and passion, with 10 as the highest, what would it be?

I may not deserve a 10; but, I know of some people who do.

They are the amazing women behind the Easter Weaving Room in Baguio!



Just imagine the amount of dedication and sacrifice they've put into the creation of all these products!



But for the devoted women of the Easter Weaving Room in Baguio, creating these intricately-designed textiles has been a part of their lives for many years.



I can't forget how their work ethic impressed me so much because all of them were immersed in their own workstations and the only sound I heard came from the aged wooden looms.


I was even amazed to find out that even before the weaving process can begin, there are those from the group who are normally assigned to fill each wooden stick with sufficient spools of thread.

Just seeing them in action reminded me of what US President Theodore Roosevelt once said:

"The...women who have the right ideals ... are those who have the courage to strive for the happiness which comes only with labor and effort and self-sacrifice, and those whose joy in life springs in part from power of work and sense of duty."


Kudos to the Women of the Easter Weaving Room!
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

2 comments:

  1. Those are nice hand-weaved materials! Nice post, Kaye! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vin! I like your pseudonym!!!!!It's so cute. Thanks for the visit my friend!

    ReplyDelete