Monday, October 3, 2011

Of Swatches & Korean Make-Up Freebies: Banila Co., Nature Republic, O HUI & The Face Shop

MC gave me some lovely freebies the last time we met.

Oh, she's the absolute best!

Honestly, I haven't been introduced to these brands yet so I was very excited to try them.

Thanks so much MC!



O HUI. 

The moisturizing cream is very light and is absorbed easily by the skin.

It doesn't melt which is really good considering our life here in the tropics.

No allergies whatsoever.

Thumbs up!




Nature Republic Eau de Shine SPF 25.

The first time I put it on, I immediately fell in love with the texture, scent and its staying power. 

I was so looking forward to purchasing some in Singapore, but according to Kikay Trekkie, Nature Rep has already closed shop.

Too bad...


Nature Republic The Secret of Foundation SPF 25.


Although slightly different in shade, the quality is basically the same.

Similar staying power, texture and scent.

I only have good words about this brand.



Banila Co. 


Another note-worthy brand is Banila Co. which is now being endorsed by Hyorin, leader of SISTAR.

I think Hyorin best exemplifies the company's foray into more alluring and sexy palettes.

And her magnificent singing and dancing skills help bring the new palettes to life.

Just watch her in these episodes taken from the KBS TV Show "Immortal Song 2" and you'll know what I'm trying to say.


                            Courtesy of Capsule HD4 YouTube Channel


                         Courtesy of ReL4KPOPZ YouTube Channel

She's incredible, isn't she?



Anyway, let's go back to Banila Co.


As you can see, their Primer has a translucent texture which I like very much.



When applied, it exhibits a powdery texture that is both soft and fragrant.

I have noticed that when I do put this on before any foundation, I hardly needed any touch-ups for hours.

I consider this sort of a miracle considering my skin's oily nature.




The Face Shop (PhP 445).

Aside from the fact that I bought this to qualify for The Face Shop Asia Tour with Kim Hyun Joong at Trinoma, I was also in need of a good foundation.

So how did I find it?



The texture is almost the same as Nature Rep's.


Upon application however, The Face Shop Professional Foundation dries easily which makes blending quite hard.

Somehow it reminded me of the Revlon Colorstay Concealer I used years ago which had a similar drying effect on skin.

My verdict?

I would choose Nature Republic over The Face Shop in this particular case.

Thanks for reading this post!




Heart

  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

No comments:

Post a Comment