Friday, September 16, 2011

Two Worship Songs That Woke Me Up: Hillsong's "I Give You My Heart" and the Classic "To Bless Your Heart" (With Lyrics and Videos)

All I can remember is that last night, before going to sleep, I prayed for the Lord's healing on my sick nephew. And then, the most magnificent thing happened when I woke up this morning. Two worship songs played non-stop inside my head! I just find it rather amazing because I wasn't even thinking of them at all.

When I finally sang them to God during my morning devotionals, I was hooked! Every lyric spoke to me and stirred my heart beyond expression. I found myself asking God to take hold of my heart and subject it according to His purposes. It is because my heart sometimes wander away from Him that I asked Him to allow me to worship Him in my every breath and in every moment in between.

Worship Song # 1: I Give You My Heart

When you read the lyrics and later watch Hillsong's interpretation of "I Give You My Heart", you'll begin to understand how beautiful it is to desire God's presence in our daily life.

I Give you My Heart


This is my desire: to honor You.

Lord with all my heart I worship You.
All I have within me, I give You praise.
All that I adore is in You.

Lord I give You my heart
I give You my soul
I live for You alone.
Every breath that I take
Every moment I'm awake
Lord have Your way in me.


Courtesy of zeigt on Youtube

Worship Song # 2: To Bless Your Heart

When I think of the song "To Bless Your Heart," I remember my dear friend Anne who always sang this before our prayer time at UP Christian Mass Communicators (UP CHRISTMASS), a college-based Christian organization in UP Diliman. When I first heard the song, I fell in love with it in an instant. And now that I've come across this song once again, I can't help but reminisce about my walk with God during my college days. It was then that I accepted Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior and began a life with Him. "To Bless Your Heart" has became a tremendous part of that journey and hopefully, it will show me another beautiful characteristic about Christ that I've never known before.

To Bless Your Heart

To bless Your heart
Lord God
Is my desire
To let You touch my life
And set my heart afire
To see Your hand of love
In all that comes my way
To learn to hear Your voice
Each moment of the day.




Have a blessed day!

Heart
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

No comments:

Post a Comment