Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My Top Favorites at Hap Chan Tea House ♪♪♪

Ever since dear Mars Cel treated me to a lovely lunch at Hap Chan, I've found myself dragging Bala and Tutapel to this Hong Kong-style tea house every chance I have.


Stepping into its elegant yellow and tan interiors nicely accented by a throng of flaming red paper lanterns, it feels like Hap Chan underwent a much needed face-lift ever since its entry to the Philippine market in 1997. Don't be deceived by its new look, however, for underneath its somewhat modern feel lies an array of traditional dishes that scream authentic Cantonese almost from every angle.

Allow me to share with you some of the dishes that have made an impact on us due to our rather frequent visits at Hap Chan. 


Hap Chan Special Noodle (Php 170). Simple yet tasty, this soup boasts of a symphony of al dente noodles, dumplings and some fresh bok choy stalks. 



Chopsuey Guisado (Php 98). Steamed rice topped with some crunchy veggies in that all-too familiar and thick chopsuey sauce.


Beef Brisket with Vegetables (Php 98). Rice topped with a generous amount of tender beef brisket and crunchy veggies.


Shrimp Siomai (Php 80). If steamed just right, the siomai comes out succulent, delicious and satiating.



Shrimp Dumpling (Php 75). I was particularly struck by the rather ample filling most particularly on how the shrimp blended well with the other ingredients.


Cu-chay Dumpling (Php 75). Crunchy veggies as the main filling is ingeniously highlighted. If not for the somewhat soggy wrapper, the dish would have been perfect. 


Radish Cake (Php 75). Crunchy on the outside with a nice, chewy center.





Machang (Php 75). Delicious sticky rice featuring a plethora of interesting ingredients such as chinese sausage, egg, pork slices, and shiitake mushroom. Although it seems like a complex creation, I still find it fun and fulfilling to eat, that's why I never leave the resto without tasting it.


Asado Siopao (Php 75). Although there's really no outstanding feature about this dimsum, I still found it rather delicious. 




Butchi (Php 70). With egg yolks inside, this dessert resembles the mooncake which is another popular  Chinese delicacy. And for that reason, the Hap Chan Butchi is a winner in my book.



Hong Kong Lemonade (Php 60).


Hong Kong Iced Tea (Php 60 each).


Hong Kong Milk Tea (Php60).
Although each drink projects a unique character of its own, for me, I'm always drawn to their Hong Kong Milk Tea more often than not.


Dining at Hap Chan has become sort of a wonderful habit for all of us. Even Tutapel has rather grown fond of the wooden trays which became replacements for his favorite toys at home. This gesture reminded me of life's simple joys that I should never forget. As long as you've got your family with you, it really doesn't matter where you are and what kind of food you eat. Indeed, a simple meal becomes a celebration when shared with the ones you love.

MY RATING:
Hap Chan Tea House
♪♪♪ Good. It's worth a try.
Hap Chan Tea House 
Facebook
The Annex, SM North Edsa
Phone Number: 441-2539

Heart

  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

2 comments:

  1. Kessa Thea PeraltaOctober 1, 2011 at 8:29 AM

    I didn't know Hap Chan has the sticky rice which I am seriously craving for. I am not sure if this is the same as the one I bought from Hong Kong Int'l Airport but I think it's worth a try. I am going to Hap Chan now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kessa! The sticky rice is really good! Too bad, I didn't eat anything at the HK Airport. Can you still remember the stall where you had your sticky rice from? Thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete