Saturday, September 17, 2011

Musings on "The Face Shop Asia Tour with Kim Hyun Joong Live at Trinoma"

With my prescription glasses missing and my shoulders' screaming from muscle soreness lately, I can't help but be absent from blogging for almost a week now. Though I've never really stopped hoping to get back on the blogging wagon to finish an array of backlogs before our travel season officially starts in a couple of months. Although I'm clearly anticipating our escapades with a chock-full of notes and itinerary options as pieces of evidence, I experience a similar feeling of elation when I reminisce about Kim Hyun Joong's Manila visit last August 25 and 26, 2011.





Unfortunately for me, I wasn't able to queue up for the High-Five Hi-Touch Event where the first 400 fans got the chance to do the high-five with Korean hearthrob KHJ! By the time I arrived at 5:30 PM, the activity center at Trinoma Mall was bursting at the seams!



Thankfully, Mars Cel and I were still able to find a spot, although not as favorable as we first hoped for because clearly, all the good ones were already filled up by the fans.









We tried looking for a better viewing spot, but to no avail.



As ironic as it seemed, the best spot turned out to be the escalator which gave me a tiny glimpse of KHJ compared to the zero sighting brought about by our previous location.   





The fans became super frantic when KHJ went on centerstage and started speaking.



But somehow, the mall guards figured out what we were doing, using the escalator and all, so they decided to stop its operations to keep potential accidents at bay. When I went down, I hanged out at Royce for sometime. There, things became a little bit better for me.



I saw a narrow passageway which showed potential to see KHJ from a much better vantage point. It turned out that the other fans were thinking the same thing that's why in a matter of seconds, I was literally dragged through it because of the "stampede." Thankfully, after the commotion, I saw a much bigger version of KHJ













Still, I was very much disappointed because I wasn't able to see KHJ face to face.




Somehow, The Face Shop offered a tempting deal.



After buying Php 1,000 worth of The Face Shop products alongside a purchase of KHJ's Breakdown Album for Php 500, I got one admission pass for KHJ's The Face Shop Event the following day! 





Wanna see my purchase?



Home Aesthetic Pack: Firming Honey Pack.



The Face Shop Professional Foundation.









The Face Shop Masks.






Plus of course, KHJ's Breakdown Album!





Here's a peek at what's inside the album.







What's more, The Face Shop gave away gorgeous posters of KHJ!







By the time I arrived at The Face Shop event, there was already a bunch of people waiting for KHJ's arrival.



At that time, I was anxiously waiting for the event to start.



And then my newfound friends and I heard that KHJ was at The Face Shop branch just a couple of meters away from our cordoned seating area. So away we went to catch a glimpse of KHJ. Sadly, we weren't able to accomplish our mission at all.





The Face Shop event started with some games facilitated by lovely host Grace Lee. She was really so beautiful that I felt like doing my hair just like hers. It's so amazingly straight and gorgeous!



After KHJ's TFS branch visit, he proceeded to the event itself where he was welcomed with enthusiasm by his frantic fans. Here are some shots from the event.

















Even with the suit on, you can clearly see KHJ's buff body that matched beautifully with his well-chiseled face and perfect skin!



After the interview, KHJ was led to a seat to start the autograph signing for the 100 fans who won in The Face Shop raffle. I was so jealous of them!!!! Anyway, here are some of the shots that I managed to take.











It was lovely meeting this fortunate lady after the event.



She so graciously posed for us with her autographed album.



Here's a closer look at KHJ's autograph.



After the signing, KHJ indulged a few fans for that much anticipated photo-op.





When this lady in red asked KHJ for a hug, he graciously said yes. I wanted to run to her and say, "Ma'am, may I hug you too.." LOL.



In those few magical minutes, KHJ delighted us with his presence and incredible charisma.



And when he left, we were broken-hearted...



But that event truly made a tremendous impression on everyone.





In fact, I even found these balloons as a testament of his fans' love and loyalty.



But the greatest find that night was this KHJ tattoo found on someone's back!



A TV crew interviewed one of the fans.



She indulged them by sharing her experiences at the autograph signing.



But KHJ's No. 1 fan that night was this bubbly Lola (grand mother) whom you might have seen in several TV shows. She had the chance to hug KHJ in one of the press conferences and her grand daughter, if I'm not mistaken, won in The Face Shop Charity auction by purchasing KHJ's Adidas shorts for Php 100,000! Yes, for real! 




                                                                               Courtesy of Crizette SJ

I also had a blast meeting new friends.





Even after the show, the fans can't get enough of KHJ!







Before going home, I passed by The Face Shop just to see KHJ's signature.

                                                          Courtesy of The Face Shop Facebook Fan Page

Too bad, I missed KHJ who was actually there earlier...


But some girls truly had all the fun, including my blogger friend Marge of Kikay Trekkie. Find out what her reaction was when she finally got to meet KHJ in her entry: Kikay Trekkie's Farewell August: My Kim Hyun Joong Account!

See you this December, our Kim Hyun Joong!

Heart

  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

5 comments:

  1. siya ba si ji-hoo? parang siya nga? :) wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi rolandito. siya nga! galing ano..buti nakasama philippines sa asian tour niya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha ikw n tita chey.. ikw n tlga hehehe:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fan, hahaha. the guy is so popular that i even think he the justin beiber of korea. sorry for those anti-justin fews out there for blurting it out, i am just comparing them in terms of popularity quotient, and nothing more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was pretty pleased to discover this website. I need to to thank you for your time for this wonderful read!
    ! I definitely appreciated every bit of it and I have you saved as a favorite to see
    new things on your blog.

    Feel free to visit my weblog; 1285 muscle review *lutz-gertler.de*

    ReplyDelete