Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Great Neutrogena Battle: Fine Fairness Lotion vs. Fine Fairness Cream vs. Brightening Serum

To say that I was overwhelmed when I claimed my free Neutrogena Fine Fairness Range Kit is clearly an understatement. 



Aside from the fact that I got them for free, another factor that concerned me was how to use each product properly for optimum results minus those pesky side effects.

Neutrogena Fine Fairness Day Lotion


                     Neutrogena Fine Fairness Lotion PHP 719.75

Of course, nothing beats the old-fashioned approach of simply reading the labels. Here's what's indicated:
"Its SPF 30 formula helps to shield skin from darkening, photo damage, UVA and UVB while it also helps whiten skin from within by reducing the appearance of melanin and uneven pigmentation. Oil-free"



What I Found Out To Be True
Ten days after using this lotion every morning, I've already noticed that my skin somehow lightened. I told myself, " I guess everything they put on the label is true enough." The lotion is very light with a milky hue that spreads on skin quite easily. 


Neutrogena Fine Fairness Brightening Serum


                         Neutrogena Fine Fairness Brightening Serum PHP 999

Unlike the Neutrogena Fine Fairness Brightening Serum, the Fine Fairness Day Lotion didn't induce skin peeling at all which makes the lightening process much longer compared to the Brightening Serum's "one-tone fairer and glowing effect" in as little as two weeks. 


My verdict? 
If you want to see results much faster, try the Neutrogena Fine Fairness Brightening Serum instead of the Fine Fairness Lotion or use both if budget permits.

Neutrogena Fine Fairness Night Cream




                           Neutrogena Fine Fairness Cream PHP 774.75

According to the label
The cream's whitening complex contains essential soy which works within the skin's surface to boost the whitening process, while helping to reduce the appearance of melanin and pigmentation. Oil-free.



Just like the Fine Fairness Lotion, the Fine Fairness Cream has a very light consistency and is absorbed quite rapidly by the skin. As far as lightening effect is concerned, after using it exclusively for almost two weeks during the trial period, my skin exhibited similar results as to the time that I used the Fine Fairness Lotion. Somewhat lighter, that's how my skin looked like; but, I didn't see the "one-tone fairer, glowing effect" that I got after using the Neutrogena Fine Fairness Brightening Serum.


Of course, you'll have a greater shot at skin lightening when you use the complete range. But if you were on a budget, you might want to choose the Neutrogena Fine Fairness Brightening Serum over the Fine Fairness Lotion and Cream because you will see the lightening effect much faster because of the micro-peeling involved. As to any product, try dabbing a little bit of the serum on the inside of the elbow and let it stay for 48 hours to keep potential allergies at bay.


Do stay tuned for my next review on the Neutrogena Fine Fairness Masks (PHP 990 per pack of five sheets).

Next: Summary of Reviews from the Neutrogena Fine Fairness Range


Heart

  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you. Just bought their SPF 30 and I love it a lot. Might try the serum too because of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi i have an oily skin and some pimples... And i want to try the serum is it safe to use it even you have an oily face and pimple im afraid that my pimple will get bigger or somewhat dumami... Any suggestions... Thanks... :)

    ReplyDelete