Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Alone Time At A Korean Grocery Store

It was one of those days when I just wanted to pull the cottony covers up my head and hide underneath them. The chilly breeze coming from the windows tempted me to give up on my plans that night. Somehow, I found the will to kiss Tutapel goodbye to give way to a very important lecture by F. Sionil Jose at Crossroad 77. 







My first stopover was short n' sweet because of the rains. However, I can't stop myself from taking snapshots of this kind security guard who so willingly helped some of the employees braved through the rains by taking refuge underneath his black umbrella. Although, I don't recall much of my work experiences at ABS, what I do remember is that the network boasts of some of the nicest security guards around.



Since I wasn't able to find the Kopi Roti branch near ABS, the next best thing, I thought, would be to have some ramen at a Korean grocery store along Timog Avenue, just a few blocks away from Crossroad 77. 



But before selecting the ramen, I went straight to their cooler to get this popular Banana Flavored Milk Drink (Php 33) which was a regular feature in several Korean dramas . I was struck by the strong banana flavor which dominated the milk in all levels. Although I wasn't really sure if it blended well with the ramen, I was still glad that I got to taste it. 





Taking snapshots while waiting for the noodles seemed to be the most logical thing to do at the time. Quite honestly, I was really aiming to get some product shots. And the best way to hide my true intention was to portray that I was just having my usual "Kodak moments."





Tempura Noodles (Php 37 plus Php 5 for the hot water ). Mildly spiced al dente noodles sprinkled with some chewy tempura bits.



As if on cue, a minute after my embarrassing photo-ops, the kind store assistant served my ramen of choice in hot water.



Soon after, I went straight to their freezer to grab a piece of korean ice cream  that I haven't tried before.







Somehow this Cled'or Drumstick (Php 60) caught my attention. Although it's pricier than the other ones I've had before, it was truly worth every cent. Its visual appeal really came from the generous almond toppings, caramelized for that extra flavor. It also didn't melt that fast compared to some of our local drumsticks around. 



While enjoying the yummy ice cream, I noticed the korean grocery that Bala, Tutapel and myself visited before. Suddenly, I wondered if Tutapel missed me as much as I was missing him right that very moment?



Oh well, in a few hours, I thought, I get to hug Tutapel once again. At that moment, however, I needed to hear F. Sionil Jose's Reflections on Rizal. Do stay tuned for some of my learnings from his lecture in the coming weeks.

Heart

  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

2 comments:

  1. wahhhh!! i wonder where exactly this is hmmm i want to go :(
    http://amz88.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. my sis love the banana and strawberry milk! oh, and peppero!

    ReplyDelete