Thursday, July 14, 2011

Why You Should Consider Revlon ColorSilk Luminista in Burgundy Brown ♪♪♪

Whenever it's time for my next hair color touch-up, I'm both excited and apprehensive. Excited, because I can experiment with a new tint but also apprehensive considering all the time and effort involved in making my hair color of choice to come to life!



Although I really liked my current hair color- Revlon ColorSilk No. 31 in Dark Auburn- it turned quite brassy after two months since I put it on. 

I chose this particular shade to downplay the brassy tones which to me were not at all that becoming.



I encountered the same trinkets found in any Revlon kit and applied the hair color by myself. If you need help though in terms of application, please refer to Hair Coloring 101 with Revlon ColorSilk.  

I spent considerable time and energy in applying enough color on the roots because they've turned black at the time. After leaving the tint on for around 30 minutes, I smothered some color on the body and combed it through my hair to even out the distribution.



                                                                Taken  by the window

Here are some swatches to help you decide whether this hair color is what you're looking for. As for me, I'm very much satisfied with the results. Now my hair's brassiness is gone and has become more luminous, thanks to the nourishing conditioner with High Mango Shine, and the hair tint itself which very well complements my skin tone.

Revlon ColorSilk Luminista No. 145 in Burgundy Brown is available at all department stores nationwide for Php 425.

Next: Changing Hair Colors? Check Out My Mini-Revlon Hair Color Swatches First!

Heart

  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

13 comments:

  1. I love the color on you. I just remembered, I needed to buy another box of this to color my hubby's hair. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kaye! I have apprehensions coloring my hair. It's because some says that it damages hair especially when applied to "rebonded hair". Some also says that it can make your grey hairs come out soon. How true? Any input on this? Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. vavavoom! bagay sayo ang color. para kang korean telenovela actriz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi kaye,

    not good enough traffic in your blog?
    Learn how to Make a big hit in your blog traffic with the TopBlogger @ www.quickdollarcash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi aringkingking!thank you so much!what's your hubby's usual color?

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi krizza! i can understand your apprehension. i was like that too.i had my hair rebonded before. just to be sure, i didn't color my hair before that. but a few months after the rebonding, i colored my hair. no major incident whatsoever. thank goodness! do let me know how it goes with you, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi rolandito!hahaha.thank you!gumanda naman ang araw ko sa comment mo. hihihihi

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi! that is such a wonderful color. Your such a pretty mama! new follower here:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi f & f!Thanks so much for the compliment.touching indeed...thanks for the follow-back!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the color on you. I just remembered, I needed to buy another box of this to color my hubby's hair. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! Have you ever used the regular Revlon burgundy color? I am debating between this one and that one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks! The color looks great! :) I have been running a search to see how this color will really look on actual people. What I get rarely looks like the shade on the box.

    All of the red tones washed out of ColorSilk #46, "Medium Golden Chestnut Brown" in just 2 weeks. So after 4 weeks, I recently used ColorSilk "Burgundy" #48 to brighten it up. This did work, but it's a bit lighter than what I really want.

    Based on your results, I think mixing the "Deep Burgundy" with the "Burgundy" might be the ticket for a moderately dark shade of burgundy...

    Time will tell if the burgundy will stay in or wash out with #48. I hear that burgundy is very hard to get out of hair, so here's hoping it will stay put.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks! The color looks great! :) I have been running a search to see how this color will look on real people. Even at the roots, the color I get rarely looks like the shade on the box.

    All of my red tones washed out of ColorSilk #46, "Medium Golden Chestnut Brown" in just 2 weeks. So after 4 weeks, I recently used ColorSilk "Burgundy" #48 to brighten it up. This did work, but it's a bit lighter than what I really want.

    Based on your results, I think maybe mixing the "Deep Burgundy" with the "Burgundy" might be the ticket for a darker but not too dark shade of burgundy...

    Time will tell if the burgundy will stay in or wash out with #48. I hear that burgundy is very hard to get out of hair, so here's hoping it will stay put.

    ReplyDelete