Friday, July 1, 2011

A Mini-Virtual Tour of Hong Kong Disneyland

After an interesting stopover at Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, we hurriedly went to what we deemed as our trip's main attraction situated at a reclaimed area in Penny's Bay, Lantau Island.

The cab driver sweet talked us into going straight to Disneyland sans the MTR which according to him would cost almost the same. Somehow, we were persuaded into taking that deal, although later on we found out that we have been charged much higher than normal. You really can't blame us. The driver was well-mannered,  intelligent and used to be an executive before his retirement from the corporate world.


For all it's worth, we were still glad that we took the cab instead for it was raining that afternoon. When Ren and I saw this signage, we were beyond ecstatic.

This was the grand display that welcomed us to the Hong Kong Disneyland theme park.



I couldn't resist taking a snapshot of Donald Duck which I thought was a basic contradiction to one's surge of joy felt while inside the park. It's beyond impossible to be grumpy when you're inside Disneyland!


I have been told that this particular sight is typical of Disneylands around the globe. At least, I was able to share in the merry tradition brought about by the HK Disneyland Railroad where one can take a grand tour of the theme park aboard this one-of-a-kind train.


We saw this price card at at the entrance and gladness swept over me once again when I found out that we didn't have to pay for Tutapel's entrance pass since he was barely two at the time.


It's a good thing that Ren took this photo of our entrance passes for I misplaced them when we returned home. Don't they look so cutesy?


At the entrance, we were able to grab hold of this map...


...which helped us navigate the theme park.


Almost as soon as we entered the park, we saw Goofy and Pluto walking! And away we went following them in a matter of seconds.


We did outrun the others and managed to get this snapshot before the queue became unbearably long.


The earth-toned brick road led us to some pretty amazing attractions inside Main Street, USA.


For one, there was the Corner Cafe, an elegant diner to soothe our famished belly-bellies.



Of course, there was this robust, interactive show with a movable backdrop that drove the crowd to some feet-stomping moments.


Here's a sample clip to give you a clearer picture of what I'm trying to say.

What is Disneyland without its famous Sleeping Beauty Castle, right?


Don't you think it bears a striking resemblance to its US sibling? When you look closely though, the only difference lies in the fact that the HK castle uses a darker shade of blue than its American counterpart. In Tokyo Disneyland however, the Cinderella castle is its main feature. When we visited it years ago, there was even a storyteller who dramatically told us some of the events in some of our best-loved fairy tales. At least that was our impression, for we couldn't understand a word he said. :-) The Sleeping Beauty Castle in HK though was merely a pathway to Fantasyland. I can't help but feel a little disappointed about it.


Moving along Fantasyland, we saw this.


But since we were not really fans of spinning cups, we decided to pass on this one.


Somewhere, there was a wizard telling a group of people some stories. I thought that maybe, it was a refreshing alternative to the castle storyteller in Tokyo Disneyland.


When I saw the Cinderella Carousel, I can't help but remember the Korean Drama Stairway to Heaven and prayed that somehow I'll be able to see the real set in Lotte World, Seoul sooner that I've ever imagined.


Anticipating the influx of babies and toddlers in the theme park, it was a good thing that there were several baby strollers on stand-by. 


Welcome to Adventureland! You see, HK Disneyland is divided into four main sections: Main Street, USA; Fantasyland; Tomorrowland; and of course Adventureland.



Cuddly Disney characters entertained a bunch of kids and even offered some phto-ops in the process. Since we were on a roll, we weren't able to have our picture taken with them.


This Disney employee was so full of energy and incredibly kind. She conversed with Tutapel and even gave him a sticker book afterwards!


This attraction gives you a taste of what it would be like to traverse mysterious rivers of adventure.


In Tarzan's Treehouse however, just about anyone can play musical instruments and simply explore this interactive attraction to his or her heart's content.

Fantasy Gardens offer some of the most uniquely landscaped flora, which I think is just right for that most anticipated rendezvous with the famous duo: Mickey and Minnie! Here, they oblige to take pictures with fans either for free or for a fee-if you decide to purchase the photo taken by the stationed Disney photographer.

Mickey's Philharmagic normally offers an exhilirating movie adventure for the whole family.


Here, we got to wear 3-D glasses and watched a Disney film in 3-D, of course. Unfortunately, Tutapel didn't like the idea so he basically closed his eyes during the 15 or so minutes we were there.


Want to know more about this? Simply go to this link: The Golden Mickeys.


It's A Small World was definitely at the top of my must-see list. Find out why by clicking this.


For some suggested gift items, do check out this link: Top Ten Souvenir Items in HK Disneyland.


A half-day tour of HK Disneyland was certainly not enough to explore and experience every attraction to the fullest. That's why I'm looking forward to visiting it again with the family in the near future. 


Dont' forget to ride the one-of-a-kind Mickey Train before leaving HK Disneyland!

Bon voyage E! I do hope this post will help you somehow. Enjoy!




Heart
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

28 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love your blog! It's so charming! I've only been to DisneyLand in California, but I have this hope to one day visit every DisneyLand in the world xD This looks so fun!!! I was hoping we could follow and friend each other! Thanks!
    <3eimi
    http://shiikwaasaababy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of the facets in my life that i skipped, my childhood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah.. disneyland, a joy for children AND adults! I've only been there (california one) twice in my life. Once when I was around 7 years old and last year when my daughter was 2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kaye, thanks for this guide! Ive wanted to visit HK Disneyland for the longest time but I just didnt know if it was going to be worth spending a day there.. but from your post, it looks enjoyable (:

    Btw, you look like you are glowing on that holiday! Esp in that pic where you re carrying your son and doing the "peace" sign :D Such a lovely colour on your skin!

    -Xen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanna go to Disneyland too. it is one of my dreams

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi event lover!
    yes. true. disneyland is worth our every wish and dream!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi xen! yes. hk disney is lovely. although it has less attractions than tokyo disney...thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. xen!that was so sweet of you to say. thanks so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi janel!i've always wanted to see disneyland in california.it's great to hear that you've already visited it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi janel!i've always wanted to see disneyland in california.it's great to hear that you've already visited it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah.. disneyland, a joy for children AND adults! I've only been there (california one) twice in my life. Once when I was around 7 years old and last year when my daughter was 2.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi cafemobility! oh i'm sure you had several interesting hobbies as a kid...thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi eimi.desu!thanks so much for the heartwarming comment. i wish to see every disneyland there is too. we're so alike. thanks so much for the follow-back!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome blog...!!!!!
    I really feel hilarious after reading about the Hong-Kong Disneyland resort. Captures are so adorable and pretty... I am also looking for planing Hong-Kong trip with my wife and daughter...This post makes me more excited about Hong-Kong Travel.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much Joe for the extremely kind remarks. I sooooo appreciate them. Wow! Can't wait to hear about all your stories. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This design is spectacular! You most certainly know how to keep
    a reader entertained. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost.
    ..HaHa!) Wonderful job. I really loved what you had to say, and
    more than that, how you presented it. Too cool!


    Also visit my blog post - maxoderm reviews

    ReplyDelete
  17. If you would like to obtain a good deal from this article then you have to apply these strategies to your won web site.


    Feel free to surf to my site semenax

    ReplyDelete
  18. We stumbled over here from a different website and thought
    I may as well check things out. I like what I see so now i'm following you. Look forward to looking into your web page yet again.

    Check out my page lose weight fast and safe

    ReplyDelete
  19. Useful information. Fortunate me I discovered your site by accident, and
    I'm stunned why this twist of fate didn't happened in advance!

    I bookmarked it.

    Here is my site :: Venapro

    ReplyDelete
  20. Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your
    web site and in accession capital to assert that I get actually enjoyed account your blog posts.

    Anyway I'll be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently quickly.

    my web site beauty treatment

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey! Someone in my Myspace group shared this site with us so I came to look it over.
    I'm definitely loving the information. I'm book-marking and will
    be tweeting this to my followers! Terrific blog and superb
    design.

    Review my blog ... natural remedied

    ReplyDelete
  22. What's up to all, how is everything, I think every one is getting more from this website, and your views are fastidious for new people.

    my web blog; semenax

    ReplyDelete
  23. It is perfect time to make some plans for the longer term and it
    is time to be happy. I've read this put up and if I may I want to suggest you few fascinating things or advice. Maybe you could write next articles regarding this article. I desire to learn even more things approximately it!

    My blog post :: improve sexual

    ReplyDelete
  24. I constantly spent my half an hour to read this website's articles every day along with a mug of coffee.

    Also visit my web blog breast active honest review blogs

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi there, this weekend is good designed for me, for the
    reason that this occasion i am reading this impressive informative post here at my residence.


    Feel free to surf to my page :: buy virility ex

    ReplyDelete
  26. excellent issues altogether, you simply gained a logo new reader.
    What would you suggest in regards to your put up that you just made a few days
    ago? Any sure?

    My web site - Buy breast actives

    ReplyDelete
  27. Keep this going please, great job!

    Feel free to surf to my blog post hoodia balance

    ReplyDelete
  28. While each of these experiences. A Bahia, a primeira colocada, frente de Droga
    Raia SP, Drogaria So Paulo SP, Pacheco RJ e Drogasil SP.
    Knowing the side effects of diet pills market their products wisely, leading an active lifestyle and
    having a tasty snack on hand.

    Here is my website; http://www.secretenhancers.com

    ReplyDelete