Thursday, June 16, 2011

Yummy Gelato at Gelatissimo Trinoma ♪♪♪

After Tutapel's carousel ride at Level 4 Trinoma, we decided to pass through the sliding glass doors into the garden area for some fresh air. 



I was quite intrigued when we passed by this cafe that lazy afternoon, for I haven't really paid much attention to it before. But since I was really craving for some gelato, I asked Bala if we could try it out. If you know Bala, you wouldn't be surprised when you hear him say, "It looks expensive, why don't we go somewhere else." You see, he wouldn't be Bala without saying that.



When Bala relented, and all of us were finally seated down on the comfy and elegant couch...



...I went to the center...




...to take a look at their menu.



Then my eyes went to the yummy-looking sandwiches...



...and then to their specialty--gelato! I couldn't stop smiling when I saw this wide range of frozen delights most especially when my eyes gravitated toward the Choc Mint flavor!



Eeny, meeny, miny, moe...which gelato should I go for?




From this row, the Coconut flavor was slowly climbing to the top of my list.



But then again, my heart went all aflutter when I saw the Chocolate Truffle flavor.



What a hard time I had, just choosing from this panoply of yummylicious flavors!



I settled for their Lick & Sip offer which meant I had a single scoop of any gelato of choice for Php 110...



...and a bottled water for just Php 10.



Well, it looked like Bala and Tutapel enjoyed the Reese flavor very much.



As for me, I ordered their signature affogato with a double scoop of any gelato of choice for Php 190.



I was drawn to the Chocolate Truffle earlier, remember? So it was only natural for me to have picked it and eventually paired it with the interesting Creme Caramel.



As I've mentioned in my previous post about affogato, normally, it is an Italian-espresso based treat featuring a scoop(s) of your favorite gelato topped with some slivered nuts and paired with a shot of hot espresso. But in this case, I chose Caramel Macchiato as the coffee base instead of the espresso.


And the artsy concoction began to take shape.



Until I achieved my desired effect.



What I loved about their gelato was that it had a very smooth, creamy consistency which was almost ice cream-like not only in texture but also in taste. It had a full, rich taste which fully satisfied my stubborn sweet tooth to say the least. The best thing about it is that Gelatissimo maintains that their "gelato has under 10% fat and 25% air content making it a healthier and better alternative" to ice cream.


If you're craving for some low fat, creamy Italian alternative, Gelatissimo's signature gelato is most certainly for you.

Gelatissimo
Level 4 Trinoma, Q. C.
2nd Level, Greenbelt 5, Makati
Serendra, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
The Terraces, Ayala Center, Cebu
Upper Ground Level, SM Northwing, Cebu
Upper Ground Level, SM City, Cebu



Heart


  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

10 comments:

  1. looks yummy, i drooled when i saw coconut, apple pie and nutella, the woe of choosing, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate!Oh love that line-the woe of choosing! So true! We're so alike. I was drawn to the coconut flavor too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. is gelatissimo better than gelatone?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cafemobility!Is Gelatone the one in Greenbelt? I'm afraid I haven't tried their gelato yet so I can't really say. But now that you mentioned it, I might try it in the coming weeks. Thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha, so many flavors to choose from eh.

    I should stop re-reading this post already, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the affogato looks so good and the serving seems so generous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rolandito! But nothing can beat your affogato!ang saraap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cafemobility!Is Gelatone the one in Greenbelt? I'm afraid I haven't tried their gelato yet so I can't really say. But now that you mentioned it, I might try it in the coming weeks. Thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kate!Oh love that line-the woe of choosing! So true! We're so alike. I was drawn to the coconut flavor too.

    ReplyDelete