Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Face Shop Mask Sheet Guide Plus A Review of Red Ginseng & Cnidium Officinale ♪♪♪

Truth is, whenever I purchase any mask from The Face Shop, I turn to this guide which I got for free a few years back, and start my search. That means, even before I go to the TFS store, I already have a list of what I intend to buy.




The guide is a fun, easy way to find out which particular masks are perfect for my skin type and which ones are not. All I need to do is to choose from the ones under the All Skin TypesOily to Combination or  Mature labels and I'm ready to go shopping! 



That day, I wanted to care for my 39-ish skin and so among my purchases involved this rather unusually named mask sheet: Qi (Chi) from the Imperial Herbs Product Range, especially made for mature skin. According to package info, this particular mask sheet is drawn from an ancient imperial prescription of five medicinal herbs that include twinleaf and asparagus root extracts to revitalize, hydrate skin. 



At the back, I found out this info:
*  Red Ginseng is good in providing strength and energy for the saponins in Red Ginseng help even out facial contours and soften skin.
* Cnidium Officinale promotes and improves circulation and also revitalizes, nourishes skin.



Just like any mask sheet from The Face Shop, this one is almost dripping wet with extra essence left in the package. The Red Ginseng scent is not that apparent compared to Tony Moly's Red Ginseng Hanbang Mask Sheet. In fact it's very fragrant and doesn't have that mysteriously unique scent you expected considering all the imperial herbs jargon. 



As you can see, the mask sheet is somewhat thinner than Tony Moly's or is it because it is covered with a little bit more essence than TM? Hmmmm.....



The essence is all over my hands, and considering my thrifty nature, I was actually glad because I had reason to use it as  "free hand cream!"



The size is just about right, although I read some reviews from Caucasian bloggers who found the mask smaller than their faces. 



As you can see, the mask fitted me quite well enough.



I left the mask sheet on my face for almost 40 minutes, a good 20 minutes longer than what is usually prescribed in the package. I don't know if it's just the weather, but the mask sheet dried out much faster than Tony Moly's which I had on for an hour fifteen minutes!



Since I've been  using TFS mask sheets for quite a long while, I know that almost four tablespoons of essence are still lurking at the bottom of the package. How can I say no to some freebies?



So even though I've finished with the mask sheet, I still slathered some essence on my face for that extra something. 

The Upside:
*  I like the fragrant scent which is not too overpowering.
*  It did not break me out at all.
*  It provides extra essence that I can just slather on later.
*  I love the idea that I'm using some form of ancient herbal ingredients to soothe my skin.

The Downside:
*  Since the mask sheet is a little thinner and is dripping wet, I had difficulty putting it on my face without worrying if it will tear or not.
*   Although I know that the extra essence is good for my skin, it feels a little bit sticky to my liking.
*  Despite all the imperial jargon, it boils down to following proper skin care in the end, since the use of masks, is simply just one of them. But if you regularly use it, you'll see the distinct difference in your skin in terms of suppleness and elasticity.

Qi (Energy) Mask Sheet: Red Ginseng & Cnidium Officinale is sold for Php 125 at all The Face Shop branches nationwide.


Next: Make-Up & Skin Care


Heart

  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

18 comments:

  1. ey thanks for the review, naku ang tamad ko sa masks, the notion that i can't move around the room for at least 15mins is O_O LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha. oo nga marge. medyo hassle nga lang kasi nakahiga ka lang dapat. but you made a nice review of a certain mask before di ba. i read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Useful information. Lucky me I discovered your web site unintentionally, and I am
    surprised why this accident did not happened in advance!
    I bookmarked it.

    Here is my weblog; http://www.sugarasp.com/wiki/利用者‐会話:Dewey69P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very soon this web site will be famous amid all blogging visitors, due to it's fastidious articles or reviews

    Also visit my weblog: モンスタービーツ studio

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just as the name implies, these uggs are from Australia,
    which can be crafted from twin-tier merino wool.

    5L models in the "Iridescence" allowance box, despite having well-designed counterfeit bright Jiuzun base, so the cut apparent just
    appropriate bright reflects "Iridescence" the cradle of every neon,
    to the account of Hennessy cheap ugg boot Salon goes to the a lots of admirable style.
    And reproductions may well appearance just like terrific.


    my blog post :: http://www.saifukochimanzoku.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just because name implies, these ugg boot are
    from Australia, which are crafted from twin-tier merino wool.
    If you've got no idea about whether boots you want are real or otherwise not, it really is advisable not to get them. Regardless products your first options are, UGG Classic Short you can discover in the UGG boot.

    Feel free to visit my web site ... http://www.shaneruhandbagsgekiyasu.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many customers have stated that when they have ordered these counterfeit, fake, imitation UGG's, they would arrive in the plain, brown box that looked battered. ì (IE: sand, chestnut, chocolate, black) UGG boots. What the majority are finding are imitation, fake UGG Boots.

    My page; コーチ アウトレット

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you disregarded the Ugg guidelines and wore your boots in water,
    or else you dropped liquid on the boot, you could possibly have
    stains along your boots. When it comes to one of the most styling infant, dress your
    son or daughter in uggs. So you can discover that shoes, clothes, even bags for children has are more exquisite than before.


    Look into my website: http://www.uapresident.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to my father who informed me on the topic of
    this web site, this web site is truly awesome.


    My homepage www.safetravel.is/rss/2013michaelkorsoutletvip.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. The price of the piece is kind of expensive. Graphic t-shirts of in the present day are stepping the the wardrobe additionally into the spotlight.
    Completely new buyers of the Kindle Fire access 1 month unfastened membership to go
    through Amazon Prime. Think of a nike swoosh in addition , the Toyota indication.
    http://sprava.ru/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=59790

    ReplyDelete
  11. This shows not only turbo web browser connections but longer
    it life as quite. They get in touch with it Amazon Man made fibre.
    Various types of Nike shoes should in order to to enjoy your sports activities.
    Companies engage in co-branding to leverage impressive brand.

    http://okamiworld.com/wiki/index.php?title=User:LizaMosie

    Feel free to visit my web page: shoes air max

    ReplyDelete
  12. These individuals now come within just a wide quantity of colors.
    The growth regarding this new create market is getting described
    by those in the know as explosive. On the other hand, they can
    go away some other starting point enjoy themselves.
    With major changes, holiday it down into smaller manageable pieces
    of art. http://schedules.aress.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=518135

    Here is my web blog :: air max classic

    ReplyDelete
  13. But it wasn until the 1920 that modern nail plate polishes
    gained frequent popularity. Reservations are highly recommended to
    obtain a spot with one particular. with this, your sweetheart's first Oscar nomination. Her Chanel ensemble was devised especially for the ex by Karl Lagerfeld. http://210.94.168.70/index.php?title=%EC%82%AC%EC%9A%A9%EC%9E%90:AntonyBoa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Suffering from the beginning amongst the twentieth century,
    dresses were nothing but little. The online place for interior designer handbag rentals.

    But you day, she learns someone playing an actual beautiful song for the piano.
    Dresses used gone from fitted to a looser more comfortable type.
    http://cinemarus.com/read_blog/346283/walt-disney-world-chanel-suite-way-of-living-of-zack-and-cody

    ReplyDelete
  15. Making her ones first woman and also most famous fashionable designer in exciting world of.
    Possibly at two hours, how's that for a fulfilling past experience. Mid-February, chanel launched a great line of temporary tattoos. Maybe it wasn't very ethical of her, but was definitely
    a risk. http://psychicx.com/user/DesireeTri

    ReplyDelete
  16. Meeting these people a sharp, sexy LBD will a person with self-assurance.
    You must smell the perfume following your first application however after
    the wait. A new right choice could very well serve you well for years.
    Checks, as in Gingham, are being benefited from on blouses and as well skirts.
    http://www.akagikanko.jp/userinfo.php?uid=8175

    ReplyDelete
  17. A professional-looking and succinct survey is almost certainly going to attract more contributors.
    Indian prints, batik and paisley were the linens preferred.

    The first boutique is opened in West Village, New York. So
    you'd better keep the regarding questions short: ten or fifteen questions are already plenty. http://clickbank-tribune.com/index.php?do=/blog/187800/tft-displays-related-expertly-written-content/

    my blog :: elasticated trousers

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete