Sunday, May 22, 2011

Snippet # 1: Musings on Henry Blackaby's Created to be God's Friend

We all have our most favorite book. Something that makes us believe in life and love once again. Perhaps it is the story itself that makes our hearts race and grips our attention in every page. A book that we simply can't put down until we reach the very end.



I have many favorites. But if I were to pick just one, it has to be Henry Blackaby's "Creating to be God's Friend." I have lost count on how many times I've read it. It has been my inspiration in my life journey most especially when I started praying specifically for a son. Unlike Sarah, I didn't have to wait until I'm 90 years old to have one! PTL!

During my devotionals, I've begun reviewing the book once again and two particular thoughts struck me recently. Both tackled the subject of worship in Abraham's life.

THOUGHT # 1
In page 86 of the book, Blackaby wrote:
"But God wanted him [Abraham] to know Him, and His provision and protection, even in famine. God had just promised to bless Abram. This means in all circumstances, at all times, under all conditions."

THOUGHT # 2
A similar train of thought occurred in page 98, when the author said:
"'Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your exceedingly great reward.' [Genesis 15:1]. All that was God, including all He could do and all He possessed was promised to Abraham. God withholds nothing from those who trust Him."

Is there anything in your life right now that makes you want to believe in these two thoughts so desperately?




If so, it will do you a lot of good to read it on your own. Henry Blackaby's Created To Be God's Friend is available at B-Room located at Crossroad 77, Mother Ignacia corner Scout Reyes, Quezon City. For more information, call 373-93-36.


Happy reading!

Heart
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

No comments:

Post a Comment