Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Review: Rose Water Skin Care Series by MISSHA ♪♪♪♪

Author's Note: This skin care line was provided by MISSHA but the review remains unbiased and objective.


Truth is, I have never heard of this skin care line before. As it turned out, the Rose Water Skin Care Series is MISSHA's solution to those who have combination to oily skin, like me. When I sniffed its delicate rose scent, something in me lit up! I told myself that this product line is really worth a try. I also thought that maybe, my hubby who has combination yet super sensitive skin can also benefit from it.

ROSE WATER CONTROLLING SKIN TONER


Product info states:
"Rose water base with Betane and Willow Bark Extracts infused in the controlling skin toner formula, helps to stimulate the skin, gently increasing circulation and closing the skin's pores naturally while removing the oily shine."

Is it true?

To tell you the truth, I was quite apprehensive to use it for most toners break me out. Blame it on my super sensitive skin due to contact dermatitis. Since I was really on the lookout for a new toner, I went ahead and tried it.


With a little bit of toner dabbed on the cotton, I applied it on my face. I did not feel any unpleasant tingling sensation at all. It also did not break me out. Three days, five days passed by and still no rashes nor zits in sight. I also noticed that my face was less oily than before.

Only then, did I let my hubby Bala to try it out. He may have combination skin alright, but it is ultra-sensitive to the core! For a long time now, he hasn't used any skin care products to keep possible skin irritations at bay. For some reason, I was able to persuade him to use the toner. The operative word is "use" here. I simply asked permission but I was the one who applied it on his face. He's just so plain lazy when it comes to skin care! The next day, he didn't have any break-outs to start with which prompted me to let him try the emulsion next.

ROSE WATER CONTROLLING EMULSION


It boasts of a Rose water base with Betaine and Houttuynia Cordata Extracts which are believed to protect and hydrate the skin.  


The emulsion carries with it the same delicate rose scent intrinsic in this skin care series. It has a milky white hue and a light consistency that is easily absorbed by the skin. Since I have been using this for more than a month already, both during the day and at night, I noticed that my skin seems finer, more supple and less prone to breakouts. I noticed that Bala's skin too is reaping the same wonderful results, which is really rare for him. That urged me to let him use the jelly cream too.

ROSE WATER CONTROLLING JELLY CREAM


It contains Rose water, Houttuynia Cordata and Witch Hazel Extracts believed to be effective in keeping the skin moist, nurtured, smooth, strengthened and protected.


Consistent to its name, it has a jelly-like consistency that is quite cooling on skin. It has a mattifying effect in contrast to the light sheen produced by the emulsion. After applying emulsion in the morning and at bedtime, Bala and I then put a thin layer of the jelly cream on the skin. 

ROSE WATER CONTROLLING SERUM


It shares the same active ingredients as the jelly cream such as Rose water, Houttuynia Cordata and Witch Hazel Extracts, effective they say, in controlling excess sebum. 


The serum also boasts of the same aromatic scent and a very light texture that is almost mattifying. When used with the emulsion, I've noticed that my skin and Bala's have improved significantly in over-all texture.

Upside:
The best feature of this complete skin care series is its ability to shrink my pimples in as little as three days! I had two big pimples on my forehead and the side of the nose on two separate occasions. I decided to use the complete line to see if it can heal my break outs. After a day, the pimple shrunk a little bit. On the second day, the bulge was gone. By the third day, it was almost unnoticeable. After that, I had no doubt in my mind that the Rose Water Skin Care Series really works! 

Downside:
My only concern would have to be the packaging. It would be a lot better if the serum's dispenser has a more hygienic cover to protect it from dust or any kind of unpleasant elements. And since the toner and emulsion has rather big openings, the chance of spillage is also greater. I guess the best way to solve this is just to remind the clients not to throw the small plastic inserts so that they can bring the products with them especially when they travel.

I highly recommend this skin care series to those who have oily to combination skin and even to those who have sensitive skin. I will definitely purchase another set once it runs out!

How to Use The Rose Water Skin Care Series:
1.  After washing the face, dab a significant amount of toner on cotton and apply evenly all over the face and neck. Use morning and evening for best results.
2.  After dabbing some toner on the face, apply the emulsion evenly on the face and neck in the morning and at bedtime. Pat the face lightly after application.
3.  After applying emulsion, gently massage 2-3 drops of the serum evenly on the face while tapping it lightly  until the serum is absorbed. For best results, use this at bedtime.
4.  After using emulsion, apply the jelly cream evenly on the face and neck in the morning and in the evening.
5.  Use the serum and jelly cream on alternate nights for better results.


The four products are sold separately for Php 650 each at MISSHA. 

Good news! MISSHA is offering a BUY ONE TAKE ONE FOR FREE PROMO for the Rose Water Skin Care Series!

Visit MISSHA at the Upper Ground Level, SM North Edsa Annex to avail of the promo. For inquiries, just "like" MISSHA Philippines  on Facebook.




Heart
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

18 comments:

  1. issit alcohol and fragrance free? I'd like to buy missha rose water skin care emulsion =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lina Kim!Alcohol is listed as one of the ingredients in the emulsion. And it has a delicate rose fragrance. thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I SOOO love this~ I'm combination/oily skin

    thanks for the review, the only downside? it's soo far from Makati :(

    great review by the way, thank you too for following. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, and it's cheaper too compared to clinique which will cost me P4900 or P5900 i think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hala! di lang si tuts, pati si bala kasama na rin. haha!
    good reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi kitten!i'm sure your skin will gonna love it!yeah. and it's way cheaper than clinique...can't wait to read more of your entries!mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi rolandito!no choice na si bala. kasama na talaga siya sa blog. hihihi. pero naunahan siya ni tuts. hihihi.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely product with a cheap price is a wonder.Yonka is glade to be a part of your post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Ms. Kaye: I hope so, oo nga eh, way cheaper, like half the price. Really pleased I saw your blog and saw this review too~

    Best,

    Kitten~ :3

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice miss kaye!:D:D I want to have this too! :) how much is it? :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kate!Yes,it's really affordable. And they're ahving a buy one take one for free promo too!i'm loving your blogs by the way. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello erika!the four products are Php 650 each. but right now, missha is having a buy one take one for free promo. say, you buy a toner, you'll get an emulsion for free. i really love this line!i'm sure you'll gonna love it too. thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hello erika!the four products are Php 650 each. but right now, missha is having a buy one take one for free promo. say, you buy a toner, you'll get an emulsion for free. i really love this line!i'm sure you'll gonna love it too. thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kate!Yes,it's really affordable. And they're ahving a buy one take one for free promo too!i'm loving your blogs by the way. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi rolandito!no choice na si bala. kasama na talaga siya sa blog. hihihi. pero naunahan siya ni tuts. hihihi.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi kitten!i'm sure your skin will gonna love it!yeah. and it's way cheaper than clinique...can't wait to read more of your entries!mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lina Kim!Alcohol is listed as one of the ingredients in the emulsion. And it has a delicate rose fragrance. thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  18. hi, i am very interested to buy this missha's skincare bcos i've tried the near skin bio white emulsion before(sample size ): ) and it makes my skin even more supple and doesnt give me any breakouts! =D do you know where can i find this rose water skin care? ive been trying to find it on missha's web store but it seems tht they do not have this rose water skin care anymore.. anyway, great reviews! =D

    ReplyDelete