Saturday, March 19, 2011

Blueberry Sunshine at Red Mango ♪♪♪♪

When I found out that Red Mango now offers a new exciting flavor, I told Bala and Tutapel that my day wouldn't be complete without tasting it.

After all, the idea of blueberries in yogurt form tickles my taste buds like no other. I've been hopelessly in love with blueberries ever since I found out from David Kirsch's The New York Body Plan that they are  indeed rich in antioxidants and low in sugar, making them perfect for those trying to pare off some unwanted pounds. But of course, the closest I got to the real ones are the frozen blueberries from Healthy Options

Red Mango Philippines

Imagine my elation when Red Mango finally offers this variant in the Philippines. In my mind, if it's Red Mango then I can be assured that the taste will be tangy enough to nicely highlight the berry taste. We did order three small blueberry yogurts with a variety of toppings to enjoy the new flavor in contrasting textures.

Blueberry yogurt topped with blueberries and cheesecake (PHP 120). I love how the tangy yogurt is beautifully captured by the addition of the soft, creamy cheesecake and sweet and sour blueberry jam.

Red Mango Philippines

Blueberry yogurt drizzled with crushed chocolate and walnuts (Php 120). The crushed chocolate and walnuts add a decadent edge to the tangy yogurt.

Red Mango Philippines

Blueberry yogurt with a dusting of choco chips and sliced almonds (Php 120). The tartness from the yogurt flourishes more with the contrasting sweet flavors and crunchy textures from the toppings.

Red Mango Philippines

Blueberry Waffles (Php 85). Since I love blueberries in all forms and textures, I couldn't help but treat myself to a pair of these gorgeous waffles during a rare alone time yesterday.


Red Mango Philippines

Original yogurt with blueberry, cheesecake and almonds (Php 120). I paired the waffles with my all-time favorite variant for an authentic finish.

Red Mango Philippines

Green Tea with blueberry, cheesecake and walnuts (Php 125). The idea of blueberry jam as a garnish for green tea yogurt is unique. Add some cheesecake and walnuts, and the result is a symphony of tastes that is beyond my imagination.

Red Mango Philippines


I was having such a great time indulging in these treats when this particular song which I usually associate with feelings of bliss, breezed through my mind. I guess, each Red Mango variant did have a joyful note to it and somehow sang its way through my head and then straight to my heart.




Red Mango Philippines
My Rating:
♪♪♪♪ Marvelous! Highly recommended. 

Red Mango Philippines
Website
Facebook
Branches


Heart
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

3 comments:

  1. Im a fan of green tea. I love your blog – will hop over again and browse slowly… In the meantime, limme hit the kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummyyyy! I'd love to go back, i've been there with my friend and loved their froyo! Nice blog and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummyyyy! I'd love to go back, i've been there with my friend and loved their froyo! Nice blog and pictures!

    ReplyDelete