Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Power of Your Love

The Power of Your Love by the Maranatha Singers became a regular part of my devotionals three years ago.  It was my "theme song" as I began to ask God for a son, something I never really did in my thirteen-year marriage.  Then I discovered something...

"God can do anything, you know--far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us." 
                                                                                            (Ephesians 3:20, The Message Version)

Yes, God did answer the faith in my prayer.  Five months after, without any medical intervention of any kind, I became pregnant.  But the most amazing part was the realization that  with or without a son I can still rise up like the eagle, soar with God--with His Spirit leading me on in the power of His love. 
                                                    
I was content to be without child for the rest of my life.  Somehow God chose to give me a son as a testament of His love for me and dear Bala. May this song inspire you to ask God for the impossible so that you too can experience His loving power in your life.

Power of Your Love

Lord, I come to You,
Let my heart be changed, renewed,
Flowing from the grace,
That I found in You
Lord, I've come to know,
The weaknesses I see in me,
Will be stripped away,
By the power of Your love

Hold me close,
Let Your love surround me
Bring me near,
Draw me to Your side
And as I wait,
I'll rise up like the eagle
And I will soar with You,
Your Spirit leads me on
In the power of Your Love

Lord unveil my eyes,
Let me see You face to face
The knowledge of Your love,
As You live in me
Lord renew my mind,
As Your will unfolds in my life
In living every day,
In the power of Your Love




Dynamic Glitter Text Generator at TextSpace.net
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

No comments:

Post a Comment