Saturday, December 4, 2010

World AIDS Day

Eleven years ago, I was assigned to do a story on HIV-AIDS. Meeting Maureen proved to be one of the most memorable experiences in my life. She was full of life despite the fact that she was already afflicted with the disease. The last time I talked to her was several months after the story was aired. I still think about her sometimes and hope that she was able to fulfill her mission of teaching kids about the dreaded disease and how to prevent it.

Although World AIDS Day is over, I'd like to share with you Maureen's story in an effort to help raise awareness about HIV-AIDS and how to really nip this disease in the bud. May there never be another Maureen in our generation...

  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

No comments:

Post a Comment