Discount Organic Skin Care Products

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Hair Coloring 101 With Revlon ColorSilk ♪♪♪♪

World-renowned beauty expert and make-up artist Bobbi Brown considers hair color as the single most effective way to transform a woman's look sans cosmetic surgery. I agree with her 100%.


To tell you the truth, I have been coloring my own hair for almost a decade now. Somehow I learned some of the techniques from David's Salon, my hair sponsor during my two year stint as TV newscaster of ABS-CBN. I had 5K worth of hair care every month: hair color, cellophane, hot oil and hair booster among others. While I sat there watching the colorist, I told myself, "I could totally do that!"

For starters, home coloring is a great money saver. For less than P500 you can have a new hair color as opposed to the thousands of pesos you need to spend when you go to a salon.



I have used different brands through the years. Three months ago, I discovered Revlon ColorSilk No. 49 in Auburn Brown--their newest hair tone. I normally use Brown-Reds only because they look best on Asian skin. If you were to ask me why I use Revlon, aside from the fact that it became my generous make-up sponsor for those 2 years as a TV newscaster, is because its quality is the same as L'Oreal's but cheaper by a hundred bucks. Revlon's color is also more intense than Garnier and more multi-dimensional than Wella and Kolours.



The kit consists of these things: Nourishing Hair Color Conditioner; Ammonia free colorant; Cream Color Developer; Gloves; Instruction Manual.

When I'm using the hair product for the first time, I usually do a patch test by mixing a small amount of dye and cream developer then applying the solution on the inside of one elbow and leaving it for 48 hours. Now that I've been using Revlon for three months already, I skipped this step. I just made sure though that I didn't wash my hair 24 hours before coloring to keep my scalp from being extra sensitive in the process.


Now my niece Kathlynish do the coloring for me. Let's learn a thing or two from her.  After putting on the gloves, simply pour the colorant onto the developer, shake it and transfer some onto the plastic container.


Part the hair in 4 equal sections and use a clip to keep them in place. Use a coloring brush to apply the solution in 1/8 inch partings. Comb through the hair to make sure the mixture saturates the hair entirely.

For touch-ups, Mariah Carey's colorist advises that color must only be done on the roots. Somehow I decided to break this rule by asking my niece to smother some on the pre-colored portions too.


If it is your first time coloring your hair, leave the hair solution for 25 minutes. For resistant gray hair, leave on for additional 5 minutes. For touch-ups, leave the mixture on for 20 minutes. And if you have stubborn gray hair, add another 5 minutes.

After the waiting period, rinse hair with warm water until the water runs clear. Don't forget to apply the nourishing conditioner and leave it on for 2 minutes before rinsing with warm water.

Revlon's after color conditioner is really awesome! Now I realize why Revlon calls this particular color line ColorSilk because your hair feels like silk during the rinse. I'm not lying!


What can I say? I absolutely love my new hair color! Revlon ColorSilk is available at leading department stores nationwide for PHP 399.


Heart



  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

15 comments:

  1. Hi! I've always wanted to have my hair dyed. Guess what? At my age, I haven't tried it yet, ever! Well, this time, I'll make sure I will.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Aubrey!i'm sure you'll great in your hair color of choice. post a photo, okay? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I've always wanted to have my hair dyed. Guess what? At my age, I haven't tried it yet, ever! Well, this time, I'll make sure I will.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I just wanted to ask something regarding this new hair coloring styles to you have bale to place in here. Does the hair coloring chemicals that has been used for this method is harm free? I have a friends before doing the same thing with this hair coloring and it her scalp has been affected in some parts of ti due to a very high chemical that hits on her scalp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah! I'm really digging the template/theme of this website. It's simple, yet effective.

    A lot of times it's very hard to get that "perfect balance" between usability and appearance. I must say you've done a excellent job with this.
    Additionally, the blog loads extremely quick for me on Internet explorer.
    Excellent Blog!

    Also visit my webpage phen375 australia

    ReplyDelete
  6. When some one searches for his required thing, thus he/she wants to
    be available that in detail, thus that thing is maintained over here.


    Here is my webpage :: companion pet clinic beaverton

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to be able to find good advice from your
    articles.

    Look at my website: multi advantage for dogs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tremendous issues here. I am very glad to peer your post.
    Thank you so much and I'm looking forward to contact you. Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?

    Feel free to surf to my web blog - cheap vinyl flooring

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am actually thankful to the holder of this site who has shared this great
    piece of writing at at this place.

    Look into my homepage; volvo parts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, of course this paragraph is truly fastidious and I have learned lot of
    things from it regarding blogging. thanks.


    My blog post; paleolithic diet

    ReplyDelete
  11. obviously like your website however you need to check the spelling
    on quite a few of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling
    problems and I find it very troublesome to tell the reality on the other hand I will certainly come again again.


    my blog post :: volvo performance chip

    ReplyDelete
  12. However, this gradual promotion takes years to come for the company, they need
    to do it. That is the reason why the ebook student loans people craze is over
    now is because ebooks have literally saturated the online world by searching for the
    help with assignment.

    Also visit my blog Student Loan

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pollution can stay there a very long time, therefore combatting potential How To Get Rid Of Acne breakouts
    she uses a few favourite products that are specialized to deal with How To Get Rid Of
    Acne issues when celebrating joy of becoming parents.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what if i leave it longer since my hair is dark brown black

    ReplyDelete
  15. congratulations guys, quality information you have given!!!

    Phen375 Reviews

    ReplyDelete