Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Wheatgrass Drinks Anyone?

Whenever I see Ms. Dianne Castillejo's face these days, I am reminded about the importance of wheatgrass to the body. Health experts say that it is laden with a plethora of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, amino acids, essential fatty acids and enzymes. Steve "Sproutman" Meyerowitz even went on to say "Wheatgrass is literally condensed sunlight energy and is one of the most potent healing agents on the planet."



One time we gave wheatgrass a try while we were at the mall.



One cup cost around P40. It tasted better than expected perhaps because of the addition of a little honey.


My own wheatgrass concoction which I did at home tasted a bit different. Months ago, I bought wheatgrass at the grocery. I cut the blades and threw them into a blender. No matter how long I tried to grind the blades, they simply won't disintegrate. End product? The water just turned green but none of the vitamin laden pulp and fiber. I haven't tried it in a juicer though. Results maybe more favorable after all.


For now I would say that wheatgrass in sachets is the way to go. Although prices are a bit steep, you can't put a price tag on health, right?

  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

No comments:

Post a Comment