Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Korean Make-up and Everything: Etude House Galore

I first learned of the Korean make-up giant Etude House a couple of years ago from my dearest friend Cel. Although she already has flawless skin, I noticed that there's something extra special about it. It's more luminous somehow. She later revealed that it's because of BB cream. At that time, I didn't have a clue what it was. She explained that it's short for Blemish Balm and it's all the rage in Korea!

Since I'm a certified Koreanovela addict, I googled the term and found out that BB cream was first formulated in Germany to aid post-operative patients soothe scars and blemishes while inducing skin renewal. When Korean celebrities discovered this amazing technology, they started wearing BB cream as a make up base with or without foundation. Soon after Korean cosmetic companies like Etude House started formulating their own line of BB creams to suit the individual tastes of both male and female clients.




Etude House was launched here in the Philippines in January of this year. However it was only last month that I was finally able to visit its SM Megamall branch. I absolutely love the shop's distinctly hip, ultra-feminine vibe in delicious pink tones!



Its newly opened SM The Block branch transmits the same fun, girly, effervescent feel as its SM Megamall outlet. To date, I've now visited 5 outlet stores except the one in SM Mall of Asia.



Etude made a wise choice of casting Korean stars Park Shin-hye (Stairway to Heaven, He's Beautful) and Lee Min-ho (Boys over Flowers, Personal Taste) as their official poster couple. Both stars are well-loved not only in Korea but also in certain parts of Asia, including the Philippines.


Etude House offers a wide array of skin care products that cater to both males and females longing for quality products without breaking the bank. In fact Etude's prices are significantly lower than other Korean brands such as The Face Shop, Skin Food and Missha by 30 to 40% depending on the item, of course.



Etude has a whole line of cleansing facial foams catering to a variety of skin types and skin woes. I especially like Happy Teatime Milk Tea Facial Wash (on the extreme left side of this photo) for its foamy, squeaky clean feel and of course for its affordable P150 price tag.



I also plan on trying their sunblock and body cream once I run out of supply.



I was really intrigued by their Baking Powder Pore Cleansing Cream and Foam. I better check it out next time.



When I saw their make-up line, I somehow wished that it was Etude House that acted as my make-up sponsor during my stint as TV newscaster years before. Don't get me wrong. I was more than grateful to have received P5,000 worth of make-up every month for two years from those two hugely popular international brands. But there's something about Korean make-up that makes you feel and look naturally and effortlessly at your best!



I'm also planning to try their acclaimed BB Cream once my own supply runs out. Can't wait! Cel purchased their face powder enclosed in a lovely pink case, amongst other things. And she said that it's really good!



 

Fragrant lotions, creams and one of a kind scents. What more can you ask for?



Like Etude House on Facebook for more information.

Toodles!


  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

No comments:

Post a Comment