Friday, June 25, 2010

A Peek at "It's A Small World" in Hong Kong Disneyland



You'll know you're in Hong Kong Disneyland not just because of this landmark...


but because of the music resonating throughout the theme park.

"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are.
Everything your heart desires will come to you..."


When I heard that, my heart quickened in that sort of familiar way when I first visited Tokyo Disneyland eleven years ago. Read all about it right here.



The magical land of Disney came true because one man dared to dream a fantastical place where both kids and parents can have fun. Read the history of Disneyland right here.


The rains may have been persistent alright.




But I didn't allow the stubborn weather to come between me and the Disneyland magic. Unlike Donald Duck over here who chose to sulk the entire afternoon.



When my sister-in-law Ren finally got our tickets, our excitement was at an all-time high.


Since Disneyland exempts kids below three years old from paying entrance fees, Tutapel got in for free!



Every sight was a complete delight.


One delightful sight is "It's A Small World," a whimsical boat ride into magnificent sets and ornately-dressed dolls representing the different nations of the world. And did I mention that the ride came with a soundtrack? The song "It's a Small World" is recorded in different languages and heard over and over throughout the ride. It's a Small World Official Website.


What a blessing to see the attraction for the second time with my hubby and long-awaited son in tow!



When we were about to enter the attraction, I only had one mission in mind. And that was to get the most incredible photos inside. When I first saw this attraction in Tokyo Disneyland, I didn't get to catch anything in camera, maybe because of sheer excitement.


Now, of course, I'd like to think that I'm much wiser and better prepared. And so I asked my hubby to take pictures of everything inside. That was my mission!


As soon as the boat ride started, we were taken to a wide array of cultures and traditions. First destination was the Middle East.


Home to the beloved street urchin Aladdin and the beautiful Princess Jasmine in the 1992 Disney animation, "Aladdin."


Several displays later, we entered the land of the Americas...


South America is known for cultures and traditions so rich and diverse...


...that history books sometimes fail to capture its very essence.


In this attraction however, its distinct traditions have meshed well with those of North America...


whose famous landmarks are featured to represent their important part in world history.


From the Americas, we were taken to the glorious cultures of Europe...


widely-known for its incomparable songs...


vibrant national costumes...


fiery dances...


and classic works of literature...


...which have produced some of the world's best loved epics, fables and fairy tales such as Cinderella, featured right here with her beloved Prince Charming.


From Europe, we were ushered into the complex but interesting scenes found in the African continent.


The signage didn't quite prepare us for the world ahead.


Africa was shown as a land brimming with incredible sights and sounds.


It was also depicted as a place where man and nature depend much on each other for survival.


In Africa, trinkets like masks are deemed important in any ceremony...


or celebration.


One thing for sure though. Those who live in Africa do know how to have a good time!


Just like them, Tutapel and I were having the time of our lives from this one-of-a-kind boat ride.


When I looked up, I was fascinated to see this flying contraption. Of course it was just a very creative ceiling decor to make the ride even more interesting.


Once again, the ride's energy level turned up a notch.


As an Asian, my heart soared just by looking at the display.


From the cultures of China...


to India's inimitable traditions...

to Brunei's colorful history...


to the Philippines' vivid past and sparkling future as a people, somehow I understood why Asia is on the rise.



I thought Asia was the last stopover, not until I saw this welcome post.


I thought that the temperature slid down to negative zero just by looking at the immaculately clad dolls and set displays.



But I felt really really good inside, thanks to the attraction's diverse pageantry of cultures, traditions and languages from around the world.


Alas, it was time to leave.


My eyes surveyed all the good-bye signs.


But I was only looking for one thing. When I finally saw it, I felt that it was the perfect ending to an already perfect afternoon! Mission accomplished!




Promote your blog
  • Share On Facebook
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Share On Reddit
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

8 comments:

  1. I really want to go to Disneyland but before I get too excited this hostage-taking took place. I guess I have to delay my wish trip some other time. =c

    Anyways, your photos are so nice! You're so lucky to have visited the place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Maria!Thanks so much for your kind words. Yes, I suggest visit Disneyland in a few months instead. Just message me if you need any info. Thanks! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Maria!Thanks so much for your kind words. Yes, I suggest visit Disneyland in a few months instead. Just message me if you need any info. Thanks! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to go to Disneyland but before I get too excited this hostage-taking took place. I guess I have to delay my wish trip some other time. =c

    Anyways, your photos are so nice! You're so lucky to have visited the place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks very interesting blog!

    my web-site Mens Victorinox Swiss Army

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love your site.. Very nice colors & theme. Did you create
    this website yourself? Please reply back as I'm planning to create my own personal blog and would like to find out where you got this from or what the theme is called. Thank you!

    My blog ... remote control

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know this website gives quality dependent articles or reviews and other stuff, is there any other website which presents these kinds of stuff in quality?


    Also visit my website: mens watches

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my first time visit at here and i am truly happy to read everthing
    at one place.

    Take a look at my blog ... wiki.fabrikaglamura.ru

    ReplyDelete